Notices

Old 09-15-2012, 02:57 AM   #1
guru
Enthusiast
guru began at the beginning.

Device: still looking for a model
Sony PRS-T1 && DRM protected epub files

Hello,

I own now a PRS-T1 and it works fine with Wifi, with my own PDF files etc.
Yesterday I bought my first eBook in
http://ebooks.fnac.es/el-sistema-vic.../9788420402550 and after the payment I've got a download link to some file 'URLLink.acsm' (attached as XML). The file contains a link to a xxxx.epub file which I could download as well. But this is somehow DRM protected. The bookseller says that I need Adobe Digital Editions for this

How can I open this or at least transform it to PDF?

Thanks

matthias

Last edited by guru; 09-17-2012 at 07:18 AM.
guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:12 AM   #2
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
you need to install either adobe digital edtions or sony reader software and then open file there. it can then be transferrred to rt1.
also to read drm files you need to authorise reader with you adobe id which is done through the sony reader software with the reader plugged in to the computer.

so install sony reader software and authorise reader(see help in software on how to do it) and then you should be able to import book into reader software and then put in on the t1
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:41 AM   #3
guru
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasn75 View Post
you need to install either adobe digital edtions or sony reader software and then open file there. it can then be transferrred to rt1.
also to read drm files you need to authorise reader with you adobe id which is done through the sony reader software with the reader plugged in to the computer.

so install sony reader software and authorise reader(see help in software on how to do it) and then you should be able to import book into reader software and then put in on the t1
Thanks for your kind reply. This is what more or less I understand as well by reading the Wiki and Wikipedia about DRM and Adobe DE. The problem is, that my computers run only FreeBSD or Linux and the Adobe DE is only for M$ and Mac OS

Thx

matthias
Old 09-15-2012, 05:45 AM   #4
thomasn75
Groupie
thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomasn75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o v2, kobo Aura, sony prs t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
Thanks for your kind reply. This is what more or less I understand as well by reading the Wiki and Wikipedia about DRM and Adobe DE. The problem is, that my computers run only FreeBSD or Linux and the Adobe DE is only for M$ and Mac OS

Thx

matthias
Oh I see your problem. I don't know anything about Linux but I seem to remember someone saying you can run some sort of windows emulation on Linux. Would that work so you could get it authorised. Then you could use browser on t1 to buy books etc
thomasn75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 06:07 AM   #5
robyshot
Enthusiast
robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'robyshot knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony Prs T1
you can install ADE with wine, but to activate the t1 you have to first authorize the pc with ADE then open the sony reader application (that runs only on win/mac) and authorize the t1

you could try virtualize windows with virtualbox or some other app or find a windows pc
robyshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:22 AM   #6
guru
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyshot View Post
you can install ADE with wine, but to activate the t1 you have to first authorize the pc with ADE then open the sony reader application (that runs only on win/mac) and authorize the t1

you could try virtualize windows with virtualbox or some other app or find a windows pc
I managed to run ADE in the emulator wine and can register to my created Adobe account. But when I try to open the file 9909ae89-249b-471c-96c6-0cd75817a3c0.epub in ADE it gives an error. The bookseller offers an URL for download a URLLink.acsm file (from where I picked up the epub name, it is attached in this thread). I think what I do is wrong and I must somehow offer the URL to the .acsm file to ADE, but I only see that I can insert local file names ... or is the .acsm URL expected by the Sony Reader software?

thx

matthias
Old 09-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #7
feenix1363
Lost and clueless
feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.feenix1363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Glo, Kindle for Andriod, Kobo for Android
The link for the epub will most likely be http://acs4.libranda.com/ebooks/3/0/...75817a3c0.epub

Problem is you posted it on here and chances are someone else has downloaded it to their own account, it will then be registered to that account. So they will have 'stolen' your purchase.
feenix1363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #8
guru
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by feenix1363 View Post
The link for the epub will most likely be http://acs4.libranda.com/ebooks/3/0/...75817a3c0.epub

Problem is you posted it on here and chances are someone else has downloaded it to their own account, it will then be registered to that account. So they will have 'stolen' your purchase.
This is exactly the link in the file (and I was aware of the risk, and will pay the 9 euros to learn, the book is in Spanish :-) ). But I do not see to put this URL into the ADE.

Thx

matthias
Old 09-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #9
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I answer in Spanish because it's easy for me: