Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You have not enabled the beta drivers, see the first post in this thread for instructions on how to do so.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #17
johnwhelan
Zealot
johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Cybook Gen 3, Google Nexus7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You have not enabled the beta drivers, see the first post in this thread for instructions on how to do so.
As far as I am aware I followed the instructions, cut and pasted the "test_mtp_driver = True" into the tweak box, clicked on OK and then on apply.

Is there a way to confirm the test_mtp_driver value?

Thanks John
Advert
Old 09-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #18
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I have WinXP SP3 with WMP 11 installed. This is the info from my Samsung Galaxy Note running Android 4.04 (stock)
Code:
Version: 0.8.69
USB devices on system:
[u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid2830&rev0002',
 u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid2832&rev0002',
 u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid2835&rev0002',
 u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid2831&rev0002',
 u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid2834&rev0002',
 u'usb\\root_hub20&vid8086&pid283a&rev0002',
 u'usb\\root_hub20&vid8086&pid2836&rev0002',
 u'usb\\vid_0458&pid_003a&rev_0100',
 u'usb\\vid_04e8&pid_6860&rev_0400',
 u'usb\\vid_05a9&pid_2640&rev_0100',
 u'usb\\vid_05a9&pid_2640&rev_0100&mi_00',
 u'usb\\vid_0bc2&pid_2300&rev_0130']
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\scanner.py", line 85, in __call__
DriveError: No removable drives found
Drives detected:
Available plugins: ADAM ALEX ALURATEK_COLOR ANDROID ARCHOS7O AVANT AZBOOKA BAMBOOK
BLACKBERRY BOEYE_BDX BOEYE_BEX BOOQ BOOX COBY COOL_ER CYBOOK DBOOK E52
E71X EB511 EB600 EBK52 ECLICTO EDGE EEEREADER ELONEX ESLICK EX124G
FOLDER_DEVICE_FOR_CONFIG GEMEI GER2 HANLINV3 HANLINV5 ILIAD INVESBOOK
IPAPYRUS IREXDR1000 IREXDR800 IRIVER_STORY ITALICA ITUNES JETBOOK
JETBOOK_COLOR JETBOOK_MINI KINDLE KINDLE2 KINDLE_DX KINDLE_FIRE KOBO
LIBREAIR LUMIREAD MENTOR MIBUK MOOVYBOOK MTP_DEVICE N516 N770 N810
NEWSMY NEXTBOOK NOOK NOOK_COLOR NUUT2 ODYSSEY ORIZON PALMPRE PDNOVEL
PDNOVEL_KOBO PI2 PICO PLAYBOOK POCKETBOOK301 POCKETBOOK360
POCKETBOOK360P POCKETBOOK602 POCKETBOOK622 POCKETBOOK701 PRS505 PRST1
README S60 SHINEBOOK SMART_DEVICE_APP SNE SOVOS SPECTRA STASH
SUNSTECH_EB700 SWEEX TECLAST_K3 THEBOOK TREKSTOR USER_DEFINED
VELOCITYMICRO WEBOS WEXLER

Looking for devices of type: MTP_DEVICE
No suitable MTP devices found

Looking for devices...
	u'usb\\vid_04e8&pid_6860&rev_0400'

Devices possibly connected: None
Old 09-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #19
johnwhelan
Zealot
johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnwhelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I tried upping the Win 7 account to admin level but got the same result.

Cheerio John
Old 09-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #20
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@john: Look in the debug output you posted, if you had enabled the tweak you would see MTP_DEVICE in the list of available plugins.

@jackie_w: Is your device detected in WMP?
Advert
Old 09-15-2012, 02:24 PM   #21
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
@jackie_w: Is your device detected in WMP?
It doesn't look like it. Although I have WMP it's not my media player of choice so I'm not very familiar with its options.

Looking under Other Media > Library > Other Media or Other Media > Library > Folder I am not seeing anything which looks like my Note. File Explorer shows it as GT-N7000 #2. There is nothing that looks like that in WMP. If I am looking in the wrong place, let me know.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #22
johnwhelan
Zealot

Quote:
@john: Look in the debug output you posted, if you had enabled the tweak you would see MTP_DEVICE in the list of available plugins.
Calibre 0.8.69

Preferences, tweaks, plugin tweaks, cut and paste "test_mtp_driver = True" into the box, click OK, click apply there are two applies, one button bottom right which I've been clicking and one green tick top left which I hadn't.

Clicking the top left green tick made the difference I can now see the device. I'll dabble with it tomorrow.

Thanks

Cheerio John
Old 09-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #23
johnwhelan
Zealot

It appears to be working correctly. Both Moon+ and Mantano can read the epub books that Calibre placed on the device. Mantano had to import them first.

Separate issue is deleting them on the device since Mantano seems to copy them in to a separate directory no doubt it will become clearer over time and that isn't a Calibre issue.

Cheerio John
Old 09-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #24
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
XP SP3
OK
I tried a different Test.
I attached my Sanasa Clip+, Calibre detected.
I Configured the MTP plugin to IGNORE the device. Applied
The On Device column is still showing.
Should a 'Restart required' be called for?

After a restart, the device is ignored

Last edited by theducks; 09-15-2012 at 09:38 PM. Reason: additional
Old 09-15-2012, 11:03 PM   #25
Hopskinny
Enthusiast
Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwhelan View Post
Calibre 0.8.69

(snip) there are two applies, one button bottom right which I've been clicking and one green tick top left which I hadn't.

Clicking the top left green tick made the difference (snip)
I am fairly sure that is what happened for me too John. The green tick worked; the apply button didn't. I recall that it didn't 'take' the second time round when I hit the bottom apply button. The third time I just poked everything and something worked! I assume it was the green tick!
Old 09-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #26
Hopskinny
Enthusiast
Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hopskinny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwhelan View Post
(snip)
Separate issue is deleting them on the device since Mantano seems to copy them in to a separate directory no doubt it will become clearer over time and that isn't a Calibre issue.(snip)
I hate saying 'me too' again, but that is the case. If you see my post above where Kovid asked me to test deleting books in Calibre, my experience was that Calibre deleted the book in the Calibre library on my Nexus 7, but not in Mantano.

Kovid gave me the explanation about Mantano's 'private library' which Calibre cannot affect.

If I seem to be getting low on space I will uninstall Mantano and swap over to Moon+. However, as I have paid for Mantano, and like it as a reader, I am not anxious to make that change...
Old 09-15-2012, 11:12 PM   #27
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@jackie: Try upgrading to the current WMP (12, I think) and rebooting your computer. According to the Microsoft docs WMP 11 is sufficient, but maybe they are mistaken.

@theducks: How did you configure the device, by right clicking on the device icon or by using Preferences->Plugins? If the former, then you should have seen a restart required message.

I will edit the first post to make the procedure for applying the tweak a little more clear.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:58 PM   #28
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Just a note: In the next release the default template will be changed to not put books into sub folders, as there are apparently devices made by some incompetent *cough*Amazon*cough* people that dont recognize files in sub-folders. So if you want to have books in sub-folders you will need to configure the device by right clicking on the device icon in the calibre toolbar when the device is connected.

See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=191148
Old 09-16-2012, 02:42 AM   #29
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Just a note: In the next release the default template will be changed to not put books into sub folders, as there are apparently devices made by some incompetent *cough*Amazon*cough* people that dont recognize files in sub-folders. So if you want to have books in sub-folders you will need to configure the device by right clicking on the device icon in the calibre toolbar when the device is connected.

See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=191148
This isn't just a Kindle Fire problem. We had to do the same thing in the wireless driver used by Calibre Companion because Kindle for Android does not support subfolders on any device.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:58 AM   #30
mmorrison
mmorrison began at the beginning.

Device: none
Successful connection with Nexus 7

Dear Kovid,
I tried numerous times to transfer books to my Nexus 7 before installing your new MTP fix and my Nexus 7 was not recognized by Calibre. After installing your fix, my FBReader on my Nexus 7 appears to work admirably.
Thank you.
Marc
Closed Thread