Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #1
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
PDN SH20 Port (Beta 2, Updated: 12/7/11)

Hello everyone,

I have decided to make a new thread for this ROM since it is taking a life of its own and I am confident it is at a stage it will be stable enough for regular use.

For those interested, here is the link to the update file:

SH20 Port for IQ - Beta 2

Wifi works, Market works, got Busybox and is rooted.

I have included RockPlayer 1.7.2 for the Armv6VFP & ES File Manager.

Still working in the Framework to optimize the battery settings.

Let me know how it goes

Last edited by Icewyng; 12-07-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:14 PM   #2
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Thanks, will flash tomorrow or Friday
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:21 AM   #3
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post

Still working in the Framework to optimize the battery settings.

Let me know how it goes
Fantastic; I will most likely try it today while I'm at work and have access to WiFi.

Good to hear you'll optimize battery settings as that was what worried me before. Thank you!
citac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:03 AM   #4
Fellball
Wizard
Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: K3,K4,PB360,PB360+,PB701-IQ und noch diverse andere Lesegeräte....
Hey, nice work....
My first impression is very good...
Fellball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:42 AM   #5
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Glad to hear things are going well so far.

So, anything that you would improve, change?
Old 12-08-2011, 08:47 AM   #6
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, I am not able to flash my IQ with this. Am I supposed to see the Bookland startup screen? And I can't get past it.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:15 AM   #7
Fellball
Wizard
Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Fellball knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: K3,K4,PB360,PB360+,PB701-IQ und noch diverse andere Lesegeräte....
Quote:
Glad to hear things are going well so far.

So, anything that you would improve, change?
Oh, I am pleased with it.
Aldiko Premium, Contacts,Calendar,Google Mail and Market works fine and fast.

Only the Kindle-App has problems with DRM-Books (invalid item. please remove.....) Any Idea?
Fellball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:28 AM   #8
citac
Fanatic

On second try some time later, I was able to flash it. WiFi is showing as connected, but the strength of the signal is very low when this particular network should be excellent, and I cannot open the browser. I tried to set up my Google account, it closes immediately. I can't access Android Market.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #9
macnutzer
Enthusiast
macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.

Device: none
didnt work...
freeze on Bookland startup screen
2.1.1 with fReset.

macnutzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:19 PM   #10
macnutzer
Enthusiast
macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.macnutzer has met Morla.

Device: none
First SHIQb2 FW
then SH212b2 worked...
macnutzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:14 PM   #11
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Sorry, fails to update (from PDN firs version) Update icon for one second, then exclamation mark. Process runs ~ 50% then reboot
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:39 PM   #12
Icewyng
Addict

Ok everyone, This is what you are going to do if it did not work for you (and don't forget to backup your stuff because it will erase it):

1) Flash 2.0.6 FW
2) Flash SHIQ

I have tried that a few times and it works great.

For the Wifi, If you mean the notification bar icon, it does not show the real strenght of the network. Check it under the Wifi App to see if it is the same.

Next, I will work on improving battery life and get all the sensors to work correctly.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:45 PM   #13
Icewyng
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellball View Post
Oh, I am pleased with it.
Aldiko Premium, Contacts,Calendar,Google Mail and Market works fine and fast.

Only the Kindle-App has problems with DRM-Books (invalid item. please remove.....) Any Idea?
Probably the same problem as before with 2.1.2. I will check it out. So much to do, so little time...
Old 12-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #14
ebookof
Enthusiast
ebookof began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
Quote:
Probably the same problem as before with 2.1.2. I will check it out. So much to do, so little time...
Too bad the problem with the Kindle App is happening again. Is this new version also using the JIT compiler (a known issue) or has it anything in common with the old package?

Does the new package integrate the move of applications to the SD card or do you have to install App2SD or Link2SD?
ebookof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:43 PM   #15
citac
Fanatic

Quote:
Ok everyone, This is what you are going to do if it did not work for you (and don't forget to backup your stuff because it will erase it):

1) Flash 2.0.6 FW
2) Flash SHIQ

I have tried that a few times and it works great.

For the Wifi, If you mean the notification bar icon, it does not show the real strenght of the network. Check it under the Wifi App to see if it is the same.

Next, I will work on improving battery life and get all the sensors to work correctly.
Thank you for the suggestion; I am downloading the 2.0.6 firmware right now and will try SHIQ later on.

Yes, the notification bar icon, but only that - when I try to open the browser or create a Google account, it tells me I'm not connected.