Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 07-14-2010, 07:34 AM   #1
emai7s2
Connoisseur
emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.

Device: Palm & PPC
Battery Behavior of the BeBook Neo

Could BeBook Neo owners perhaps comment on the following:

1. Time needed to fully recharge the Neo (does it differ for USB/mains charging?)
2. Hours of active use before a battery warning comes on?
3. Hours/days in standby mode before a battery warning comes on?
4. How many days will the battery last in "off mode"?
5. How does WiFi use affect battery life?
6. How does listening to MP3 music affect battery life?

Bonus question: any chance that the Neo will be capable of Test to Speech at some point?

Last edited by emai7s2; 07-15-2010 at 06:15 AM.
emai7s2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:14 AM   #2
emai7s2
Connoisseur
emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.emai7s2 trips the light fantastic.

Some sort of indication of actual battery life would be really appreciated .... 5hrs, 10hrs, 20hrs?
Advert
Old 07-16-2010, 04:22 AM   #3
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
Wait just a bit longer. The battery life was very short and there was obviously a battery drain problem. A new firmware was released yesterday which may have solved this. Too early too tell. If it has, then the Neo suddenly becomes one of the best readers out there.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:37 AM   #4
emai7s2
Connoisseur

Thanks Stormchild - I'll keep my fingers crossed that you see a good improvement in battery life.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:27 PM   #5
emai7s2
Connoisseur

I did a web search today on the battery life of the Neo, and prior to the most recent firmware, there seemed to be a consensus that there is definitely something awry with the Neo's battery life, with several people mentioning battery life of only about 1/3 the manufacturer's claim (about 2,000 page turns as opposed to 7,000).

I haven't come across any information yet regarding Neo's battery life following the most recent firmware release.
Advert
Old 07-18-2010, 02:26 PM   #6
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well it has been just over 2 days (53 hours) since I installed the new firmware. I have left the Neo on stand-by, unused (I read with my BeBook Mini) and it has already lost 2 bars. No improvement there. For comparison, my Mini has not been charged for nearly a month, is used everyday, never switched of and is still showing a full charge. Whilst this is not BeBooks problem as such, they need to put pressure on Onyx to get this right.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:27 AM   #7
rbeset
rbeset began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Mini, BeBook One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
For comparison, my Mini has not been charged for nearly a month, is used everyday, never switched of and is still showing a full charge. Whilst this is not BeBooks problem as such, they need to put pressure on Onyx to get this right.
Stormchild, Can you tell me your exact firmware version on the bebook mini ?
I would like to compare it with mine. Just to make sure i have the "long battery lifetime version"
Just bought my mini last friday and been reading without losing any battery-block during the weekend. So i think i have the right version, but just to make sure.

thanks
rbeset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:33 AM   #8
Stormchild
Evangelist

I am still using an old firmware, 091016. It cured the original battery drain and I was not interested in all the changes made in later updates, including when they reintroduced the battery drain problem. The very latest firmware has cured that and you may be lucky. Go and compare yours with the latest available on the BeBook site.