Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-15-2010, 05:06 PM   #1
reader42
Zealot
reader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it is

Device: none
Segmentation Fault after Qt upgrade

I'm running a Kubuntu 9.10 here using calibre 0.6.13 package.

After upgrading Qt (from 4.5.3really4.5.2-0ubuntu1 to 4.6.2-0ubuntu1~karmic1~ppa2) I get a Segmentation Fault when starting calibre:

Code:
$ calibre
link  hasn't been detected!
link  hasn't been detected!
Segmentation fault
I tried to rebuild the package against the new Qt-version. The build suceeds but the problem is still there.
Any ideas how to fix this?
reader42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:16 AM   #2
reader42
Zealot
reader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it isreader42 knows what time it is

No ideas?
Can someone tell me, how to get a traceback?
Advert
Old 03-20-2010, 05:47 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
use the binary calibre install from the calibre website, it bundles its own Qt. I have nothing to do with the Ubuntu calibre port, so I can't really help with Ubuntu specific issues.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:58 AM   #4
elvenic
Enthusiast
elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.elvenic 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kindle PW, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
use the binary calibre install from the calibre website, it bundles its own Qt. I have nothing to do with the Ubuntu calibre port, so I can't really help with Ubuntu specific issues.
Well, I'm using binary install (version 0.6.45) on Ubuntu, and since yesterday's update of the Ubuntu Linux kernel to the version:

$ uname -a
Linux XXXXXXX 2.6.31-20-generic #58-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 12 05:23:09 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

Calibre segfaults in the same way when I plug in the Sony Reader (PRS-600).

Whan I run Calibre on the command line with the Sony reader plugged in, even with -v option, only following is printed:

$ ./calibre -v
link hasn't been detected!
link hasn't been detected!
Segmentation fault

(Note that after 'link' lines, Calibre's window appears, and it breafly tells that Sony reader is detected, but after 2 sec. the window disappears as Calibre segfaults.)

When I run Calibre without Sony reader pluged in, it starts normally and does not crash.

So I don't think this is related to QT update, it is more likely related to the Ubuntu Linux kernel update.

I will try to reboot to previous kernel version and see what happens.
elvenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:01 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I have the exact same Ubuntu version shown and 6.45 does NOT fault with my Astak PP
Getting a good 6.45 file was a nightmare. I finally got the bz2 from Sourceforge.

Good luck
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2010, 04:08 PM   #6
reader42
Zealot

I did some debugging:

The segmentation fault occurs, when the function recount of the class TagsView is called. This
Code:
self.scrollTo(ci, QTreeView.PositionAtTop)
is the line that causes the sefault. When I remove it, the program seems to work fine.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:45 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What did you do to trigger the segfault?
I can try it here.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:57 PM   #8
reader42
Zealot

Just starting the program triggers the segfault.
I think it has something to do with the Qt-Version, because it occurs since I updated Qt.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:58 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by reader42 View Post
Just starting the program triggers the segfault.
I think it has something to do with the Qt-Version, because it occurs since I updated Qt.
Got to love software support problems
6.45 on Ubuntu 9.10 32 bit (Intel)
Attached reader to USB Cable
Started Calibre.

It detects my reader (Astak PP ) and SD card perfectly
QT is 4.5.3 really...