Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-01-2009, 10:54 AM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Does anyone read on the Nintendo DS?

I just heard that dslibris added Epub support. How well does it work?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ndslibris/
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:36 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
I gotta remember to have a look at that.
But ds screen are tiny to read (i read some .txt on it, before I got a reader.)
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2009, 11:53 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's not so much the screen size as the very low resolution that's the issue. With those 256x192 pixel screens, it would be like reading on a very old Palm machine. Lots of people do just that, of course!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:08 PM   #4
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
I downloaded the trial of the official reader software some time ago and must confess, I was very impressed. No, way was I going to pay £20 for a few PD books though. Had I not already got a BeBook, I might have delved into the world of homebrew and used my DS. One day, I might have to time and patience to do so just because I can.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:35 PM   #5
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
wow. i am interested on how that would go. haven't owned a DS anyway. just curious.

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2009, 12:13 AM   #6
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's not so much the screen size as the very low resolution that's the issue. With those 256x192 pixel screens, it would be like reading on a very old Palm machine. Lots of people do just that, of course!
The res is terrible on those little things unfortunately, youngsters could still read on them, but older people might suffer some eye strain.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:16 AM   #7
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
I downloaded the trial of the official reader software some time ago and must confess, I was very impressed. No, way was I going to pay £20 for a few PD books though. Had I not already got a BeBook, I might have delved into the world of homebrew and used my DS. One day, I might have to time and patience to do so just because I can.
Yep. I miss Homebrew. I wish i could use them on my Dsi. But i don't want to have a fight everytime nitendo updates the DS.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:15 PM   #8
JVIPER88
JVIPER88 began at the beginning.

Device: None
I have read two books using the Nintendo DS. I will tell you this: it's not easy, but if you wanna read something, it can be done.

As other people have stated, the screens are small (even though there are two), and the resolution is poor. The backlit screens also hurts your eyes as a computer screen would.

What IS cool is that there are several types ebook reader softwares out there for different things. The one that I found to be my personal favorite (though the name escapes me since I tried like 4 different ones) was where I could hold the DS on its side like a book and have the two screens behave like two pages of a book. It was neat, just not that easy to read!

So, I gave up on that and am looking to purchase and ebook reader soon.
JVIPER88 is offline   Reply With Quote