Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 09-11-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
nathanb
Connoisseur
nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nathanb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS 600
creation tools for Mac?

Hello,

I am somewhat new to all of this and I apologize if this has been covered before... I looked around but could not specifically find an answer to these questions.

I want to do simple creation of books. I mainly want to create epub books. All I really need is the ability to add text and create Table of Contents. What tools are there available that work on a Mac?

I have tried Sigil and Book Creator but neither of those will work for me on my Mac OS X 10.4, am I just out of luck?

Thanks.
nathanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:33 PM   #2
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
You could use just about any HTML editor (or write HTML directly using a text editor, or a word processor that can export to HTML), and then convert the HTML to ePub with calibre (with automatic structure detection to create the table of contents). That would be how I would probably do it in your shoes.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert