Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-04-2009, 05:39 PM   #1
RavenT69
RavenT69 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Unhappy Dropped reader, now it won't respond!!

My wonderful 3 month old kitten knocked my 505 off of my bathroom sink. It hit the floor. It is still in the protective case it came with. After I picked it up, I tried to turn it on. Nothing happened. I plugged it into my computer, and nothing happened. It isn't registering at all. I tried pressing the reset button, to no avail. I held down the reset button for 45 seconds, turning it on and off. Nothing happened.

I'm not sure what to do. I bought it on ebay, brand new, unopened. But since I don't have a retail receipt, I'm not sure if I can get it covered under warranty. And as far as that goes, I'm not sure dropping it is covered under warranty, even though I have only had it for a month.

Does anyone have any suggestions?! I'm at my wits end! I am not made of money, and can't afford to spend another $300 on a replacement!!
RavenT69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:44 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Any chance you can contact the seller and get the receipt?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2009, 06:11 PM   #3
RavenT69

I sent him a message, but I don't know if he has one. I haven't heard anything yet. I called the sony store in my area, but without a receipt, they can't do anything for me. I'm hoping the seller has one, since it was brand new, unopened. If he doesn't, I don't know what else to do.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:37 PM   #4
RavenT69

Hmmm! That was totally weird!! All of a sudden it started working again! I left it plugged into my computer, for what reason, I don't know. When all of a sudden the explorer window popped up, allowing access to the reader!! It wasn't low on battery, since I had full bars before it died on me. But I'm very happy that it's working. I'm still going to see if I can get a copy of the receipt in case I have a problem in the future. But for now it seems to be working just fine!!
Old 08-05-2009, 01:47 AM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Glad your Reader is working now!
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2009, 11:54 PM   #6
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Purchase, from Sony, the mains power adapter and leave it plugged in for about eight hours. Your reader needs a few rounds of long recharges. I'll re-edit with a useful link.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21337

Last edited by BookCat; 08-15-2009 at 11:57 PM. Reason: link added
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dead, dropped, not responding