Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-18-2009, 08:54 PM   #1
F1Wild
Addict
F1Wild doesn't litterF1Wild doesn't litter

Device: Paolo-my Kindle2, Blackberry Curve
Owners' manual?

I received my Kindle2 today, but didn't receive a manual with it - anyone know if I can buy one from Amazon or download it?

BTW, did a quick forum search, but nothing came up in the first few pages and honestly couldn't be arsed to venture too much further.
F1Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:58 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
It's on the Kindle. It's the User Guide. There should have also been a folding quick start guide in the box.

You can find PDF version and a Kindle .azw version here.

Edit: Just noticed they have a Quick Start Video on the page as well.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2009, 09:00 PM   #3
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
All the manuals for the Kindle can be found on the Kindle Support page at Amazon -- http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200127470

The user's guide comes in PDF format --> http://kindle.s3.amazonaws.com/Kindl...s_Guide_v3.pdf

or in .azw for reading on your Kindle --> http://kindle.s3.amazonaws.com/Kindl...s_Guide_v3.azw
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:04 PM   #4
F1Wild
Addict

Thanks so much! I had a feeling that if I asked the question here I would receive the answer before I could sift through the search results. I didn't expect it to be so simple, but it is...

Cheers!
Old 06-18-2009, 11:07 PM   #5
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Yeah, I deleted the guide.. didn't think to put it back on. Sorry. It pretty much comes with a sticker that says "do this" and then has the guide up. But yeah... you can easily download it again.

Video is probably better, though.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2009, 11:10 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
Yeah, I deleted the guide.. didn't think to put it back on. Sorry. It pretty much comes with a sticker that says "do this" and then has the guide up. But yeah... you can easily download it again.

Did you sell your K2 TO F1Wild? If so, somehow I missed that.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:25 AM   #7
F1Wild
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon View Post

No problem - just figured I should know where it is so I know from where to ignore it.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:26 AM   #8
F1Wild
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Did you sell your K2 TO F1Wild? If so, somehow I missed that.
Hmmm, you mean you are not all knowing? Some of us are capable of being quite secretive, even without trying.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:54 AM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Wild View Post
Hmmm, you mean you are not all knowing? Some of us are capable of being quite secretive, even without trying.
Not even close. As much time as I spend here, I don't read every thread so a lot of (most) stuff just flies by me.

I'm glad Gideon's K2 has found a good home. Congratulations!
Old 06-19-2009, 10:29 AM   #10
F1Wild
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Not even close. As much time as I spend here, I don't read every thread so a lot of (most) stuff just flies by me.

I'm glad Gideon's K2 has found a good home. Congratulations!
And it was officially initiated last night/this morning without incident. Yeah!