Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-23-2008, 05:05 PM   #1
ninki
Connoisseur
ninki began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin 6.1, Kindle 3, Kindle Touch, KPW3, KOA3
help with lrf book

I have a lrf book that i want to read. can somebody convert it for me to txt or anything I can read on PC?
thanks
ninki
ninki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 05:17 PM   #2
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninki View Post
I have a lrf book that i want to read. can somebody convert it for me to txt or anything I can read on PC?
Calibre includes an LRF renderer and will run under the OS of your choice. If you're running Windows, the free (as in beer) Sony E-book Library software also acts as an LRF e-book reader.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2008, 05:41 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
http://ebookstore.sony.com/downloadclient.html

There is a link there to download eBook Library.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:20 AM   #4
ninki
Connoisseur

thanks!
one more question, if the lrf is protected will Calibre convert it too? or DMR?
Old 08-24-2008, 10:26 AM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninki View Post
thanks!
one more question, if the lrf is protected will Calibre convert it too? or DMR?
LRF files are not protected. LRX files would be the protected BBeB format.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2008, 06:18 PM   #6
ninki
Connoisseur

Hi again!
I downloaded Calibre and ABC converter and they both say that its a LRF invalid... Invalid header actually

Any ideas?

thanks again
Old 08-28-2008, 06:23 PM   #7
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Where did you get the file? Open it with notepad and paste a few readable text fragments (if any) here.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:10 PM   #8
ninki
Connoisseur

A friend gave it to me , she download it form sony as lrf by mistake
in notepad is al giverish I tried also textedit to see but nothing ..here

L R F è þg g Ö  | X – í 5 xœ]TÛnÛF}÷W ôÒ…’9v E�Á*j÷–ä�\h¹CìÅ2ûõ=CJŽ[@�V³s9sæìl¿¼öŽ^8D+þóâ²X/ˆ}%µõíçEN͇›Å—ÝöÁ7òÞër±»ØÞ‰ôÇg›S`3Ç-v·ôG6¡æšþdÒv5yÀó6§NÂ/×oì½m8Ð}vIüb÷?Ãv5Gœëíw×뫲¼®ÖëëOŸ6ÍÇksc>^ñÆ\mJÞÔ—¼]�/¶?sélì8¼‡v'®¦§äÀ‘Ô5.éÁWÅvõæŽÐGS²{¶‚í«IÜJwûƒ—#° ½YpéLŒ¶±•I IÝïó3¿¦Ý£É�=í%·p"Ï`’loZëA
ÒQ2@Í�)$ž©6#_ScñH‘]C ®1™@2Ÿ;I‰c¢(F£4(Ùž)±ã«Ã*è.'BÑc'Ž£ô¼¤Øc"Sr'/ìFÚ‡‚¾£“å„ÅF 3q 8Q¨ZªçÚMd( õRƒMb}l˜º¦£%ûõŒêßrœÊŸ›R ' EÛz¤*�*n
JŽT‰OÁTiI'¾ˆN¤D„q]ÐSL
h©Ú€Dž#Å-•'j à†%’ߎh×/Á*Oqr(�×!× ÄÔSj÷œŽt ¤N¦Äý Á;#8Ó;9¢m” Q˜@Å®*ÛHöäà xS”ƒ*Z8úßu0ãyA�’Ù“B* •av�뀞j*Ç)U€XÜD®NGdnÅœS8ÇÎV†c|¤ì*Yïïèià ÊG·-ûD?M¢¿$Ghh©BˆPN†])Ôßm]�ðj‘&áŸsè½ÃÔ@l̘<©bGÕ§öÔëhÏÑ N#žxÄprÓÌ]7Az*s@§Úž,Ã|Á±›¦Í#8îmÛ%Té'ÙmêTxt¥W¡U&B–Ú@`—«€ ˜ä]�4›ôÉj�±‡
ºHŽ•dÍ¥ÌXÐ3©¢‘QA¨ùu8§øÏ«E=P|¿¾%išI¹Ð£ƒ-rûÕRä*C+#µ¶…ªÊ1Ú”4óÂRï
º—ÐשŸ‚Wò }*æÈâ¸]½í‰‹Óêšwê^ªÓéÑø6c:;ÆÊyûƒ•¦’„Õù‘ìl÷ûz}óŸË
6ÔûlÄ u®°á*ã,˜¦—u±)nÖX~ç8iz5ÍeV¿�¬¦ß)î*ÛÿØÿà JFIF    ÿÛ C  

$.' ",#(7),01444'9=82<.342ÿÛ C 

2!!222222222222222222222222222222222222222222222 22222ÿÀ  D 3" ÿÄ   
ÿÄ µ  } !1AQa"q2�‘¡#B±ÁRÑð$3br‚
%&'()*456789:CDEFGHIJSTUVWXYZcdefghijstuvwxyz ƒ„…†‡ˆ‰Š’“”•–—˜™š¢£¤¥¦§¨©ª²³´µ¶·¸¹ºÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊÒÓÔÕÖ× ØÙÚáâãäåæçèéêñòóôõö÷øùúÿÄ   
ÿÄ µ  w !1AQaq"2�B‘¡±Á #3RðbrÑ
$4á%ñ&'()*56789:CDEFGHIJSTUVWXYZcdefghijstuvw xyz‚ƒ„…†‡ˆ‰Š’“”•–—˜™š¢£¤¥¦§¨©ª²³´µ¶·¸¹ºÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊÒÓ ÔÕÖ×ØÙÚâãäåæçèéêòóôõö÷øùúÿÚ   ? ñ§±Ò�‡ ž·}Uå*öÛz ñÛéß½i^x^Á/fŽ

Last edited by ninki; 08-28-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:31 PM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
If you're friend got it from Sony it's most likely an LRX not an LRF and therefore protected by DRM. The only way to read it would be on a Sony Reader or on a Windows PC with the Sony software registered to your friends account.

As far as I know anyway.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:37 AM   #10
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Well, the header does look like LRF (not LRX)... so my guess would be the file got corrupted somehow.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:58 AM   #11
ninki
Connoisseur

I think that it must have corrupted too
thank again people, your great!
Old 08-29-2008, 12:26 PM   #12
leebok21
leebok21 doesn't litterleebok21 doesn't litter

Device: NUUT/Dell Axim, PRS-505
ninki! If you really wants to get convert lrf to txt, you may need eBook Library Software as link above. Once you load LRF file in the software, you can then copy text part and paste in notepad. Now you got txt book format. It could go other mobile reader, like iPhone, cell phone with txt reader as well as PC, MAC. I guess it only works with LRF, but not LRX.
leebok21 is offline   Reply With Quote