Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-24-2012, 07:09 PM   #1
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch is now my main eReader.
Problems with Goodreads?

Is anyone else having problems accessing Goodreads? I've been unable to get it to load for several days, even when I try to get to it through Facebook. I'm using an HP netbook, Windows 7 starter, and Chrome.
RolandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #2
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
I was just on it. And have been all weekend. Got a couple of "time out" errors, but that was it...
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2012, 07:15 PM   #3
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
No, I actually have the GR homepage up right now. Have you tried clearing your cache?
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:58 PM   #4
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The problem seems to be limited to my netbook. I'll try clearing the cache.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:20 PM   #5
RolandD
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandD View Post
The problem seems to be limited to my netbook. I'll try clearing the cache.
Didn't help. Anyone else got any ideas?
Advert
Old 09-24-2012, 10:08 PM   #6
Moriarty's
confictura animus
Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
1. Try a different browser.

2. Try a different computer (or phone or tablet)

3. Press the Start button, and then type 'cmd' into the search panel. Once opened, type "ping 216.74.34.10" (without the quotation marks). What does it say?
Moriarty's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:51 PM   #7
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
What error are you getting?
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:40 AM   #8
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
I used the site and the iPad app with no problems.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:45 AM   #9
RolandD
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriarty's View Post
1. Try a different browser.

2. Try a different computer (or phone or tablet)

3. Press the Start button, and then type 'cmd' into the search panel. Once opened, type "ping 216.74.34.10" (without the quotation marks). What does it say?
1. I'm sure it's a problem with Chrome, it loaded fine in IE.

2. I did with no problems.

3. Ping was a little slow, but no timeout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taustin View Post
What error are you getting?
That's the thing, there is no error. It just keeps trying to load. The little icon keeps spinning for as long as I leave it, overnight even.
Old 09-25-2012, 01:38 AM   #10
Moriarty's
confictura animus
Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moriarty's ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Try re-installing Chrome.
Moriarty's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:32 AM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
1. I'm sure it's a problem with Chrome, it loaded fine in IE.

2. I did with no problems.

3. Ping was a little slow, but no timeout.

That's the thing, there is no error. It just keeps trying to load. The little icon keeps spinning for as long as I leave it, overnight even.
Chrome sometimes does that to me on other sites I find refreshing the page fixes it most of the time.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:36 AM   #12
RolandD
Fanatic

I had forgotten to try the first thing you should always do when having computer problems.

I rebooted and it's fine now.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #13
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by yusha View Post
When someone clicks on the "Reading" section of my page, it shows another person's reading list and redirects them to another person's profile. I've deleted and relinked it a few times but it keeps going to someone named Sarah's page. Any clues about why this is happening?
On the Goodreads group page, you'll see three official groups. Join the "Goodreads Feedback Group" and post your question in the "Bugs" section. Alternately, you can scroll to the bottom of any Goodreads page, click "help", then "contact us" in the list of links on the right of the "help" page.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #14
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Didn't help. Anyone else got any ideas?
You _may_ have a virus. I had a strange one that only affected my google search in Firefox...redirecting my links to other sites, something like that might be going on.

Microsoft Security Essentials was the only thing I found (after trying several) that found and removed it. At as far as I can tell...I've not had the problem since running it and it did find a few things.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:27 AM   #15
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
I had forgotten to try the first thing you should always do when having computer problems.

I rebooted and it's fine now.
Oh....never mind....but still good advice.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote