Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #31
thebestjeter
Addict
thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thebestjeter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi and Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
thebestjester,

You may be onto something. I just download a free german book in mobi format. In mobi the word is not looked up. It tells me that a dictionary cannot be found. In the pdf it works.
Then the Kindle does support (or recognize?) foreign dictionaries. It's just something wrong with the mobi reader . Hope they fix it soon, so I can grab one.
thebestjeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:30 AM   #32
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Kindle View Post
I just did some checks with translation dictionaries that we've published. It looks like Amazon left things half-done.

Their intention seemed to be to enable simultaneous use of several dictionaries (French, if you are reading a French book, German, if you are reading German, etc). That is why in dictionary settings, there is individual selection for every language.

But in reality only English dictionaries are used when looking up words in a book, regardless of the book's language.

I'm pretty sure you can work around it by modding the dictionary file so that Kindle will think a German-English dictionary is indeed an English one. It will then be available for selection as default dictionary and will be used for word look up. I'll investigate this further.
BK any word on this? It seems that the problem only occurs in MOBI files and not in PDF but someone said that the software engine is different for each.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2011, 11:29 PM   #33
diamante
piedra preciosa
diamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura aboutdiamante has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Oasis 6", Kindle Voyage, Sony PRS-350, etc.
post deleted

Last edited by diamante; 12-21-2011 at 02:05 AM.
diamante is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dictionary, kindle touch