Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
nibs
nibs
nibs began at the beginning.

Device: sony e.reader
sony prs T1 & prs 350

can I load both these "readers" on to the same laptop ? The T1 keeps overiding the 350. Thanks for any help.
nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Yes but I would only have one at a time connected by USB. I am not sure what you mean by override. Do you mean something to do with the Sony Reader software?
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #3
nibs
nibs

Question

When I try to download a library book on to the T1 it will only go on to the PRS 350. Both readers software has been downloaded correctly as far as I'm aware.Any suggestions ?
Old 02-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Open the new Sony Reader for PC/Mac software. Connect your T1 by USB. It should show up in the Reader software as an attached device. It might try to sync books and rewrite what is on the T1. Whenever the sync message pops up I quickly hit cancel to stop it. The old Reader Library software does not work with the T1.

Another alternative is that you might be able to download books directly from your library website. It works in the US at least.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:44 PM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Is your T1 authorized?
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #6
nibs
nibs

Hi Helen, Yes, both the T1 and PRS350 are authorised to the laptop. The T1 is about a year old and has been fine until I downloaded the software for the PRS350 in January this year. Now any books my husband tries to download from our library go straight on to my PRS350 instead of his T1 !! Quite frustrating !
Does this make sense ? I did wonder if the fact that my PRS350 is WI-FI ,as is the laptop, but not theT1, make any difference. Over to you !! Thanks !
Old 02-12-2012, 04:15 AM   #7
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
First: It seems you are confused about which reader is what. The T1 can't be a year old, and the 350 does not have wiFi.
It sounds like you keep them both connected at the same time. That is probably not a good idea.
Just connect the reader you want the book transferred to, transfer it, disconnect it, connect the other one if you want something transferred to that one as well.
My 350 is temporarily on loan to someone otherwise I would try to do see for myself for better understanding.

Last edited by Asawi; 02-12-2012 at 04:19 AM.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:59 AM   #8
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Or use Calibre and get a sensible way to manage your readers ....
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:01 AM   #9
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
The new Sony software does not seem to work with my 350 (small 5 inch reader). It (Sony Software) just sits there not responding.

I do recommend calibre as well.

As nibs said, you can't send to both readers at once even with calibre which is open source and supported by voluntary donations.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:39 AM   #10
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I have to say I HATE the new Reader software! The fact that it starts syncing without asking me if that's what I want to do and creating lots of collections was enough for me to uninstall it. I keep the Reader Library on my computer to handle library books for my 950. Overdrive library books I have downloaded directly to the T1.
Maybe Adobe Digital Edition is a better choice for library books? I will not use the new Sony software as long as there are alternatives!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #11
Laserjock
Laserjock can teach chickens to fly.Laserjock can teach chickens to fly.Laserjock can teach chickens to fly.Laserjock can teach chickens to fly.Laserjock can teach chickens to fly.Laserjock can teach chickens to fly.Laserjock can teach chickens to fly.Laserjock can teach chickens to fly.Laserjock can teach chickens to fly.Laserjock can teach chickens to fly.Laserjock can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Sony PRS-950; PRS-350; PRS-505RC; iPhone 4
FWIW, I manage five separate Sony readers (PRS-950, 2X PRS-350s, PRS-T1, PRS-505) on the same PC laptop with Calibre.
And sometimes manage 3 with Sony reader, so it can be done.

=Laserjock=
Laserjock is offline   Reply With Quote