Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
Mathazzar
Mathazzar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Nook
Lightbulb Library Row Height Shrunk — How Can I Reset It?

Hi all,

Very happy Calibre user here. I recently had to move the location of my library to a new drive, and one unpleasant side-effect of the otherwise smooth move is that Calibre has started displaying my list of books in single-line rows, where it used to display them in a more spacious arrangement with generous vertical space between books.

Now, I can drag the handles of the rows and space things out but only (it seems) individually, so I can't evenly re-space all of the rows as I'd like. Since I have quite a number of books I'd prefer not to have to do this manually.

It's a silly issue to run into but it makes reading through the list of books a bit more annoying and I'd rather just return to the previous, more spacious, layout settings.

Is there any way to accomplish this? Maybe a setting somewhere that I've missed? I'd appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks!
Mathazzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Preferences->Look & Feel_>User interface style set it to system default and restart calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #3
Mathazzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Preferences->Look & Feel_>User interface style set it to system default and restart calibre.
Thank you for your response!

Unfortunately, I had already tried that (and I've tried it again now just for good measure) but it doesn't change the row heights, nor much else for that matter.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Did you restart calibre after making the change? That is the only thing that affects row heights in calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #5
Mathazzar

Yep, I'm afraid so. Re-started Calibre both times but it doesn't affect the spacing no matter which way that option is set to.
Advert
Old 07-06-2012, 05:49 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Did you upgrade calibre when you did the move? IIRC rows were higher in versions of calibre more than a year old, I think somewhere back in the 0.7 range. If you upgraded from one of these, then that explains the change.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote