Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-03-2012, 06:03 AM   #1
exxyea
exxyea began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Attempting to convert HTML to MOBI

I'm a big fanfic reader and I want to save some of my fanfics onto my Kindle, but I haven't yet found an efficient way to do so. Right now, I'm copying and pasting my fanfics manually to Word, saving it as HTML filtered, and then using Calibre to convert that to MOBI. It works, but when I view the file on Kindle, as soon as I press the page button, it jumps all the way to the end of the story.

Does anyone know how to get lots of text onto Kindle but still keep the bold and italic formatting?
exxyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by exxyea View Post
I'm a big fanfic reader and I want to save some of my fanfics onto my Kindle, but I haven't yet found an efficient way to do so. Right now, I'm copying and pasting my fanfics manually to Word, saving it as HTML filtered, and then using Calibre to convert that to MOBI. It works, but when I view the file on Kindle, as soon as I press the page button, it jumps all the way to the end of the story.

Does anyone know how to get lots of text onto Kindle but still keep the bold and italic formatting?
What is the source (Email, Web page, file ) of the fanfic you are pasting?
(there might be a more direct way)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #3
exxyea
exxyea began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
It's a webpage, livejournal mostly.
exxyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by exxyea View Post
It's a webpage, livejournal mostly.
this might be a candidate for a recipe

or View Source (in your browser)
and paste into an empty Basic (Headers only, empty body) file innotepad then save as your desired filename.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote