Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-22-2011, 12:06 PM   #1
Guttenberg
Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo wi-fi
Repair D-Pad rubber?

The rubber on by D-pad button on my wi-fi model has started to separate from the hard plastic case on the right-hand side. It's still entirely functional, but it is an annoyance every time I advance a page. I was considering trying to get a drop of "Krazy Glue" in the seam to re-attach... any advice/solutions for this?
Thanks.
Guttenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:33 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Others have done so in past and have reported success. I'd just make sure you wipe it down so that the bead of glue is below the surface of the reader so you don't feel it when using the d-pad.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
I used the occasion of my D-pad button separating to provoke me to take advantage of the sales on a new Touch model. Couldn't be happier.
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:54 PM   #4
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Mine has been separated for about 5-6 months and it's been just fine. I just need to remember to try to keep food out of the crack!

If yours is still under warranty, your local Chapters may exchange it for a Touch at no extra charge. The manager of my local Chapters offered to do that for me, but at the time, I was not interested in getting a Touch, since they'd just come out and I'd heard so many problems with them. I am still happy with my broken Dpad. Even happier with my new referb WiFi that I got for $40!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 03:51 PM   #5
Guttenberg
Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.Guttenberg is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo wi-fi
UPDATE: I tried the drop of instant glue - I used a couple pins to hold the seam open and control where (and how much) the glue was applied. As soon as the glue was drawn into the seam, I removed the pins, ensured the pad was seated flush and carefully and quickly wiped away the excess. I'm happy to report that the operation was a success and my Kobo is as good as new. Now back to that new Stephen King...
Guttenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert