Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 11-30-2011, 12:09 AM   #1
mrniceguy
mrniceguy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Please Help Me Get My Book Description Under 150 Words

I've read from several sources that your book description should be less than 150 pages. I'm having issues figuring out how to accomplish this with the current draft of my book's description.

I was wondering if you'd be so kind as to review my description, and let me know any thoughts you may have on getting it below 150 words.

Note: it's currently at 163 words. Here it is:

You’ve sacrificed blood, sweat, and tears for your love of the game of football. But if you’re like most, you didn’t get drafted into the NFL after college. Suddenly, it hits you that you may never play organized football again.

Your passion won’t allow you to give-up on your dream of playing in the NFL, but you don’t know what to do, or who to call. Follow John Jackson from Shogun Sports Agency, as he delivers the low-down on the skills NFL teams like to see in players at your position (and how to get better at those skills), how to effectively market yourself, and even helps you figure out if you truly need an agent (you probably don’t). Get it Done gives you what you need to get your foot in the door in pro football.

You only have a limited window of time to play pro football. Get it right the first time; you may not get a second chance.
mrniceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:14 AM   #2
FredGill
FredGill began at the beginning.

Another Version

Here is another version that is 137 words:

If you’re like most, you didn’t get drafted into the NFL after college. Suddenly it hits you that you may never play organized football again. Your passion won’t allow you to give up on your dream of playing in the NFL. You don’t know what to do.

Follow John Jackson from Shogun Sports Agency, as he delivers the low-down on the skills NFL teams like to see in players at your position and how to get better at those skills, how to effectively market yourself, and even help you figure out if you truly need an agent (you probably don’t).

Get it Done’ gives you what you need to get your foot in the door in pro football. You only have a limited window. Get it right the first time. There may not be a second chance!
FredGill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2011, 08:57 AM   #3
mrniceguy
mrniceguy began at the beginning.

Hey, thanks a lot Fred!
mrniceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:09 AM   #4
FredGill
FredGill began at the beginning.