Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 08-13-2011, 01:49 PM   #1
winterescape
Enthusiast
winterescape began at the beginning.

Device: none
Wall Street Journal

It appears that the WSJ changed the site between Aug 4th and Aug 5th. The recipe now returns this :
"Email
Print
Save ↓ More
smaller
Larger"

at the start of every article.
The stories are still readable but this heading leads every article.
Thanks…
winterescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The recipe was updated for that a while ago. Make sure you are running the latest calibre and using the builtin recipe and not a custom one.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2011, 11:21 AM   #3
winterescape
Enthusiast

ahhaaa yes of course. I use a custom recipie. I will need to update it to the latest version and incorporate my changes. Thanks

By the way, my version incorporates the changes I proposed in this thread. I respect your response and opinion. Is there any interest in me posting it to see how it was implemented? Or to give the end user the option to "check a box" and enable this feature? This would allow you to combine the free and the subscriber version of the recipe and allow the user to opt to enter credentials, leave it as is , or check a box and use my version.

On a closely related note why would we not combine the two versions and if you enter credentials they are applied, if not you get the free version?

Your call...
Thanks,
Dave
Old 08-14-2011, 12:23 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My opinion on that hasn't changed.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:48 PM   #5
winterescape
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
My opinion on that hasn't changed.
Fair enough.

So on the totally separate topic, no longer considering my recipe, what was your opinion of combining the two existing wsj recopies you have such that if you enter credentials you get full content if you do not you get the free content?
Advert
Old 08-14-2011, 12:51 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Fine in principle, but removing an existing recipe is generally a no-no since it breaks the setup of people who might have scheduled it for auto download.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:55 PM   #7
winterescape
Enthusiast

Umm yeah, so you have two titles for the same recipe for legacy reasons, and it pulls it from the same location?
Old 08-14-2011, 01:00 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

They dont have the same title and they are distinct recipes (though they are essentially copies of each other).
Old 08-14-2011, 01:01 PM   #9
winterescape
Enthusiast

thanks