Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #1
nesvarbu
nesvarbu began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, sony prs-600
calibre content server only.

Hi,

I'm trying to compile calibre content server only on opensolaris (it's actually nexentastor). I've noticed that if i follow the steps for linux it tries to compile the whole calibre which I wouldn't mind if it would work, but calibre has too many dependencies (pyqt and etc...) which I don't have on my storage box. I was wondering if there are some simple steps to compile content server only. Or what would be the best way to share my calibre library?
I have calibre on my laptop and obviously I can't leave my laptop always at home running to do reverse proxying.

nesvarbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:24 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There's no way to compile only the calibre content server. If you can get the binary calibre install to work on open solaris, then you can use that, otherwise you have to compile the whole thing.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2011, 06:39 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You might want to look at using Calibre2opds to generate a catalog that can be run under a web server independently of Calibre?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:51 PM   #4
nesvarbu
nesvarbu began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, sony prs-600
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
You might want to look at using Calibre2opds to generate a catalog that can be run under a web server independently of Calibre?
Cool I'll take a look, seems exactly what I was looking for. I almost went with all the trouble of setting up zones (think VMs) on nexentastor to run linux inside, just for calibre catalog.

nesvarbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:18 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You may find this page useful as a comparison between the Calibre Content server and a calibre2opds generated catalog.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 03:40 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
You could also use the calibre PHP content server that runs directly off the calibre database. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=104188
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, opensolaris, sharing, storage