Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your level of fitness?
I work out almost eveyrday and consider myself "in-shape." 15 18.07%
I work out a few times a week. 28 33.73%
I don't work out but feel pretty "in-shape" 10 12.05%
Working out? Surely you jest. 30 36.14%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-24-2011, 07:29 AM   #1
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
What's your fitness level?

So my partner summarily announced a few weeks ago that we were going to do P90X. For those who don't know, its an 1+hour a day workout regimen that at some points actually encourages participants to "bring a bucket."

Now we're both in shape, and both work out daily, though this is a new level intensity for us both. But it got me to wondering what the fitness level of my fellow ebookers is like.

Last edited by astrangerhere; 01-24-2011 at 09:49 AM. Reason: stupid early morning typos
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:29 AM   #2
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I don't work but I feel pretty in shape, while at the same time I know I darn well could loss 20 pounds and not miss it in the slightest!!
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2011, 08:46 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
So my partner summarily announced a few weeks ago that we were goin to do P90X. For those who don't know, its an 1+ a day workout regimen that at some points actually encourages participants to "bring a bucket."
Sorry to be dense, but what do you do with the bucket?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:55 AM   #4
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
I generally exercise very hard for 90 minutes a day. I play local sports and like to stay extremely active. I lift a lot of weights. I do not drink or smoke or eat junk food or drink sodas or eat sugar. I micromanage my fluids, fuel, supplements, sleep, and workout. I just got done with the insanity video (same guys who produced p90x) about a month and a half ago. I consider myself to be in great shape.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:09 AM   #5
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Sorry to be dense, but what do you do with the bucket?
Not to be too indelicate - you puke in it.
Advert
Old 01-24-2011, 09:43 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, OK .
Old 01-24-2011, 09:49 AM   #7
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

kinda below.

"Jack LaLanne dies at 96; brought fitness to masses"
http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slu...it-jacklalanne
Old 01-24-2011, 10:10 AM   #8
astrangerhere
Professor of Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
kinda below.

"Jack LaLanne dies at 96; brought fitness to masses"
http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slu...it-jacklalanne
Aww, I'd not heard about that. I am always amused when the Fit Channel shows his old re-runs. Its like watching Julia Child on the Cooking Channel.

But to veer back on topic, how did you find the Insanity workout? I am used to pretty heavy cardio workouts, but am fully prepared to have my tail kicked and my pride humbled by this experience.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #9
happy_terd
Banned

The insanity video is a pretty good routine once you start the second month. I would call it a 8/10 on the hard scale. The first month would be a 6.5/10.
The entire workout to include the diet I would rate a 8.5/10. I loved it because it took out all of the work creating my own routine. I like to lift and am not as use to doing a super amount of cardio.

This type of workout makes good on all of the promises it makes.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:45 AM   #10
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
I love some outdoor sports as skating or running, and I try to run every day, as time permits. But going to a gym? Lifting weights? Boah, never!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:52 AM   #11
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
until my accident I was uber fit. 10 pounds below my basic training enlistment weight, and I have had 2 kids even!

now, I'm struggling
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:19 AM   #12
orange!
Born to be wild
orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orange! ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle K3 wi-fi, Nexus 7 + Aldiko
I'm in pretty good shape--for an old guy.

Ran 6 miles yesterday at 8:10/mile pace. Gotta get ready for racing season!
orange! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:33 AM   #13
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
I play badminton, ride bicycle and jog in the park all the summer of every year. but when school year begins, I hardly ever exercise. Still in-shape for 1.67m and 48kg, but not so strong.
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:14 PM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

My personal fitness level is poor, but rapidly improving. In the last three months I've lost 30lbs, and now eat sensibly, go for a brisk half-hour walk every lunchtime at work, and a vigorous 6-10 mile hike every Saturday or Sunday with the local Ramblers Association. Great fun, and a great way to get fit. I can't abide gyms - for me, being out in the fresh air is the way to go to get fit.

Last edited by HarryT; 01-24-2011 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:14 PM   #15
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
Right now I'm a great big couch potato, but I'm working on it. I started a new diet the day after Christmas-- eating healthy and tracking my calories on my iPad. So far so good. This week my son is taking me to sign up at the local fitness center. Healthy here I come.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote