Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: MR Book Club: February09 book nominations
Little Brother by Cory Doctorow 5 15.15%
Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom by Cory Doctorow 6 18.18%
Refuge by Richard Herley 13 39.39%
Poker Without Cards: A Consciousness Thriller by Ben Mack 3 9.09%
Prague by Arthur Phillips 6 18.18%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 04:35 PM   #76
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I don't know... there is an LRF at Feedbooks. I have no idea how good it is. I just got the .mobi from there and the Title metadata seems wrong. At least calibre read the title as "Herley".

BOb
At Feedbooks the Sony file is actually a PDF.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:37 PM   #77
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
At Feedbooks the Sony file is actually a PDF.
Oh.. .I didn't know that. I'm not sure if Richard wants his books here. But, they are up at Feedbooks. I guess it is up to him. He has a Word doc on his web site that would probably make a good source file.

BOb
Old 01-30-2009, 05:20 PM   #78
Richard Herley
Author
Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Mr Herley, have you voted in our "What Country are you From" poll?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37241
I have now ...

DG, if you'd like a refund, just let me know.

Quote:
I'm sure you will. That's only about £5.

BOb
The way the British pound is tanking, it's now worth £3.75.

Quote:
Oh.. .I didn't know that. I'm not sure if Richard wants his books here. But, they are up at Feedbooks. I guess it is up to him. He has a Word doc on his web site that would probably make a good source file.

BOb
By all means please post an LRF of any of my books here, or I can host them on my site. I'd make LRFs and whatnot myself but I don't have the technical skills.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:51 PM   #79
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I'd prefer LRF, especially since I don't have an account at fictionwise. I can convert it from a Word doc, but I'm not the best, so if anyone else wants to volunteer...otherwise I can do it.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:02 PM   #80
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sure, I'll do it from the Word version.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:04 PM   #81
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Sure, I'll do it from the Word version.
Excellent! Richard can you post the link when JSWolf gets it to you?
Old 01-30-2009, 06:09 PM   #82
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I'll be doing two versions. One with no margins and the other with some smallish margins on all sides for those who prefer them.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:16 PM   #83
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I'd prefer LRF, especially since I don't have an account at fictionwise. I can convert it from a Word doc, but I'm not the best, so if anyone else wants to volunteer...otherwise I can do it.
Not sure what fictionwise has to do with this. You can download several formats for free from feedbooks.com... not account needed there to grab it.

BOb
Old 01-31-2009, 04:14 AM   #84
Richard Herley
Author
Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richard Herley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Excellent! Richard can you post the link when JSWolf gets it to you?
Absolutely. Thanks, JSWolf, and I look forward to hearing from you -- my email address is richardherley (at) googlemail.com. I have a Sony PRS-500 myself and the Feedbooks PDF of Refuge is for some reason very sluggish on that machine.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:13 AM   #85
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Not sure what fictionwise has to do with this. You can download several formats for free from feedbooks.com... not account needed there to grab it.

BOb
Presumably I misread feedbooks as fictionwise. Heh.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:57 AM   #86
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I'll get it done on Monday. This weekend I'm not sure what sort of time I have. But I can do it on Monday sometime.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:23 PM   #87
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
I don't know... there is an LRF at Feedbooks. I have no idea how good it is. I just got the .mobi from there and the Title metadata seems wrong. At least calibre read the title as "Herley".

BOb
That's Calibre fault: works fine in Mobipocket Desktop, we even include the description of the book in the metadata.

For the Sony Reader: you can use the PDF on any of the Sony Readers, and the ePub for the PRS-505 or PRS-700.

The book is divided into parts and then chapters: only ePub can correctly handle multi-level TOC, unlike LRF.
For those of you using a PRS-500: our ePub are high quality enough (100% standard, divided into chapters, correct metadata) to convert just fine with Calibre into LRF.

Refuge is also available directly in our Kindle guide and in Stanza for iPhone users.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:56 PM   #88
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
That's Calibre fault: works fine in Mobipocket Desktop, we even include the description of the book in the metadata.
Ah thanks for the info Hadrien.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
Refuge is also available directly in our Kindle guide and in Stanza for iPhone users.
This is exactly how I will get the book onto my Kindle. The feedbooks d/l guide is awesome work.

BOb
Old 01-31-2009, 02:59 PM   #89
Richard Herley
Author

Now that the poll is closed, I'd like to thank the Book Club for choosing this book. When the discussion thread opens I'll keep an eye on it and try to answer any questions. Meanwhile ... I hope you enjoy your reading!
Old 01-31-2009, 05:42 PM   #90
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Herley View Post
Now that the poll is closed, I'd like to thank the Book Club for choosing this book. When the discussion thread opens I'll keep an eye on it and try to answer any questions. Meanwhile ... I hope you enjoy your reading!
Great. Now I have to actually READ the book.

RH is watching us, people do not embarrass mobileread!
Closed Thread