Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-03-2014, 06:14 PM   #1
carolirvin
carolirvin began at the beginning.

Search Engine Problem in Calibre

This is a new problem which did not exist in earlier versions of the software. When I use the search engine, I NO LONGER get a return of the book or books I put into the box. So, for example, if I put author Dean Koontz into the search engine box, my results are not his books but instead every single book in Calibre. This feature used to work perfectly in that I used to get back all of that author's books and no others. Is this even fixable? I tried using advanced search but got the same results. The only workaround I currently use is to switch to author mode of listing and find the author alphabetically by scrolling. It works but it is not great.

This software is constantly upgraded. This is the first instance where the upgrades were actually a downgrade. I am always leery of software which needs to be replaced once a month or less.

I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

carol
carolirvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:12 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolirvin View Post
This is a new problem which did not exist in earlier versions of the software. When I use the search engine, I NO LONGER get a return of the book or books I put into the box. So, for example, if I put author Dean Koontz into the search engine box, my results are not his books but instead every single book in Calibre. This feature used to work perfectly in that I used to get back all of that author's books and no others. Is this even fixable? I tried using advanced search but got the same results. The only workaround I currently use is to switch to author mode of listing and find the author alphabetically by scrolling. It works but it is not great.

This software is constantly upgraded. This is the first instance where the upgrades were actually a downgrade. I am always leery of software which needs to be replaced once a month or less.

I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

carol
Look again Dean has stripes.

The bar button cause so many issues that Kovid hid it.
The problem is therer are gremlins that seem to turn it on.

Preferences:Searching: Highlight... (remove tic)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2014, 05:07 AM   #3
carolirvin
carolirvin began at the beginning.

It worked!!!!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!! carol
carolirvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 04:46 PM   #4
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Thank you! I was having the same problem and thought that my book folder was corrupted. Phew!
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 06:18 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by montalex View Post
Thank you! I was having the same problem and thought that my book folder was corrupted. Phew!
This issue is documented in sticky threads at the top of the main Calibre forum, and the Library Management sub-forum.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert