Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-06-2012, 04:35 AM   #1
neomotion
neomotion began at the beginning.

Device: Toshiba 350 / HP 1915
Red face Getting a Kobo Touch this week, just one question:

Does the Kobo Touch by now have the abillity to share quotes from sideloaded books on facebook? I can't seem to find the answer anywhere, all i find are post from 2011 that says it can't. Just wondering if by now it is possible, since i want to use this feature often.

Also, since Nook now has the glowlight, any word on Kobo bringing an illuminated version on the market? Would feel pretty screwed buying one now and seeing an illuminated Touch within a couple of months..

Thanks in advance for the help guys and girls.
neomotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:00 AM   #2
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I heard (from a retail Indigo employee) that a 'backlit' Kobo and a new Vox were coming in the fall. Not sure how reliable that is, but he said all retail staff had been given the heads-up at a big meeting.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2012, 06:36 AM   #3
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by neomotion View Post
Does the Kobo Touch by now have the abillity to share quotes from sideloaded books on facebook? I can't seem to find the answer anywhere, all i find are post from 2011 that says it can't. Just wondering if by now it is possible, since i want to use this feature often.
Just tested it for you - yep, it works.

I'm hanging out for a frontlit one, too. The KT is going to go to my kid. Waaaaiting. I hope Kindle doesn't get there first, because then I really will be in a quandary!
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #4
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I hope whatever lighting solution Kobo comes up with is more durable than the Nook GlowLight. There are widespread reports about the GlowLight being extremely susceptible to damage which is exhibited as "holes" of light on the display when the light is on. Apparently even slight knocks against the screen are enough to damage it.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #5
neomotion
neomotion began at the beginning.

Device: Toshiba 350 / HP 1915
Thanks for the replies guys. Cool, quote sharing from sideloaded books works, that was my main question for now. I guess i just have to settle for a little reading light i suppose for now. Might give the Touch to my gf if they come out with a illuminated one and if I then decide to upgrade.

Again, thanks! :-)
neomotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #6
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
I hope whatever lighting solution Kobo comes up with is more durable than the Nook GlowLight. There are widespread reports about the GlowLight being extremely susceptible to damage which is exhibited as "holes" of light on the display when the light is on. Apparently even slight knocks against the screen are enough to damage it.
It sounds like a lit leather cover I bought for my Sony prs-505, it had a "glass" panel that was lit by an led that you could flip over the reader when you read at night. It marked quite easily... If the front lit readers use the same product,which it sounds as if it might, and I wouldn't recommend it.
http://partnumber.org/index.php/Sony...ver_with_Light
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
facebook, highlight, kobo touch, quotes, share