Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-06-2011, 04:40 AM   #1
CalmApparatus
Damien Darby
CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thumbs up American Epitaph: a novel to support struggling Americans and Occupations nationwide.

Greetings MobileRead forum staff, readers, and contributors. I just felt it necessary to set aside a few moments to share something with you that is making a difference. Furthermore, to give you all a chance to get involved and at the same time read a great book. Here is an article about what is going on concerning the Ebook, and my efforts.

"The manuscript for my book “American Epitaph” was finished originally in 2008. Initially, it was an exercise to cleanse my own psyche of seven years of intense research which began after 9/11.

That event was my first peek behind the veil, and I became determined to understand the truth about my country and its relationship to the world.

Most importantly I needed to know where it was headed now that the control paradigm had been exposed.

Back in 2008, people would ask me if my book was fiction or not. Of course I thought at the time it was completely fictional.

A book about a contemporary version of the American Revolution and in some respects the collapse of modernity itself taking place a few years down the road, from the fallout of the economic collapse to geopolitical moves seemed wholly fictional.

But here we are in 2011 and it is not really fiction any longer.

When the OWS movement began that was the last straw. I knew I had something that needed to be shared, not only with the Occupation effort itself nationally, but with every American I could reach.

It speaks volumes for the movement and who we are. It explains through two interconnecting and increasingly plausible story-lines why we are doing what we are doing.

After its publication as an eBook I have spent countless hours trying to spread it around within the movement.

I emailed literally hundreds of Occupy sites from cities spanning the entire United States and Canada because I believe it is a poster child piece of literature for our generation, era, and revolution. If our grandchildren want to know where our head was at in this time they could pick up my book and get a perfectly clear idea.

Then I realized it could become of even more value to the cause. I could use it to help raise money for the movement. These people who are out there camping in tents through these weather conditions, in this kind of political climate, and facing the police state are heroes in my humble opinion.

Occupy Seattle is closest to me but these patriots are being routed out by the big boys all over the country.

In fact, within moments Occupy Los Angeles is going to come under some serious resistance as the state government has decided to “evict” them.

The establishment literally has the money printing machines in their offices. Their disinformation, PR, and smear campaigns are ruthless and will continue to intensify. Our Occupy Camps need funding and I need to help.

So, I am determined to get my eBook in front of all the people I can and spread my message. They can read an important novel about our times and fund a revolution at the same time.

I am going to buy them blankets, food, clothing, heat generators, art supplies for signs, etc. I believe in my work, and if it can bring in enough, I would like to be able to buy them adequate legal representation, and everything else they need to be successful.

This money would be clean grassroots money, not dripping with political/private interest and corruption. From there, the sky is the limit. I would basically spread out and send money to as many Occupy groups as could be afforded. That is the plan.

The book is inexpensive at $2.99 and I would like to be able to donate at least 50% of every dollar I make.

Why is it not free? It is not because I am a poster child for this collapse of my country, the epitome of the 99% that’s why.

I am 32 years old, a college graduate in 2007, and as I write this I live in a cross-generational one-bedroom apartment.

My mother, who is 78 years old, is supporting her youngest and oldest son. My brother and I have not been able to make any money since 2008.

First went the family home. Then the three-bedroom turned into one, and I sleep on the floor every night now and my clothes are falling apart.

We used to be a middle class family and now we are one step away from the worst case scenario.

I have no job and no potential work and neither does my nearly 60 year old brother. All I have is my writing; it is pretty much our only hope.

I want to give 50% to the movement, which is trying to repair our union, and 50% to me and my family to try and save us.

It is wrong that my mother at 78 is still working, let alone being forced to take care of her grown sons. She will not last much longer, and if/when she loses her job, if nothing changes, we are all going to be on the street.

Buying this book will give you a look into where we are, and where we are headed if nothing changes. It will also help fund a movement trying to take back America and it will assist an American family that has been here since the original colonies, a part of the 99%, who are severely on the ropes."

http://EndtheLie.com/?p=28968

Here is another for your consideration.

http://thedebtweowe.com/american-epitaph

Here is my authors page itself.

http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/ubiscious

Cheers and Solidarity to all of you. Thank you so much for your time and consideration.
CalmApparatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:09 AM   #2
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
I'm curious about something. Your Mother is 78 and working and you are 32 and can't find a job? You can't work temporarily at McDonald's or at the local eatery waiting tables or something, anything? Until things turn around?

Now I am not downing you or your book. Nor am I trying to take away from your beliefs or experience. I think there is something fundamentally wrong with our country politically. And because politically we are broken which is the top it trickles down to the bottom. So top to bottom I think we are broken but how exactly to fix that I have no idea. And I don't think many have a real answer.

This comes from someone that considers themselves a conservative with some leanings towards libertarian. Just call me a constitutionalist more than anything I guess. We probably don't line up politically (just a guess) but there is obviously some common ground so again not downing you or your book just curious about my above question.

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 12-07-2011 at 04:13 AM.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:43 AM   #3
CalmApparatus
Damien Darby
CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CalmApparatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
@Guns4Hire
First let me thank you for taking the time to reach out and reply to my post. I appreciate it.
I am basically a poster child for the economic situation. There seems to be a huge divide where you either have a decent job and are making it fine, or you are like me. The middle ground is much different than what it used to be in the 90's.

100% of the work I have gotten since getting out of college in late 2007 has been through friends/family. Take it from me, searching for a job the traditional way like sending out resumes, and going door to door is simply impotent now. Sure, it could happen, but the chances are incredibly slim. This is why in November, the government numbers pointed to the fact that around 300'000 people in the US just shrugged their shoulders, gave up looking for work, and left the workforce. This phenomenon has been going on for at least the last nearly two solid years, which is a major reason the (U3) unemployment number seems to be going down, but the unemployment reality gets worse. Furthermore, it explains in the same report it that the average time people are unemployed between jobs now has risen to around 50 weeks. Close to one year.

I have not had to wait that long, it is usually around 4-6 months between jobs though, no joke. To make things worse, all the work is temporary/part-time and always minimum wage, which means I cannot afford to live on my own.

The reason why my mother still works is because she has to in order to supplement the losses in her retirement. She works part time at a K-Mart, which she got through family, but cannot stop now because of the inflation in the cost of living (gas/food/rent etc). To say nothing of the devaluing purchasing power of the Federal Reserve note.

People always come at me with the McDonalds thing. Which is another perception that comes from the 90's where anyone could walk into any McDonalds and get a job. It is simply not like that anymore I am afraid. As for waiting tables, that is an interesting one. I waited tables from off and on from 1998 to basically 2003. I know that in days past the turnover rates for wait staff was high, but not anymore.

With my time I have been writing/editing/publishing novels and short non fiction works. Also I have been involved with the OWS movement and will be attending the massive action taking place on the 12th across the entire west coast. Cheers and Solidarity to you. Thanks again for reaching out, it felt really good to know someone read my post, and had the heart to say hi.

sincerely,

Damien
CalmApparatus is offline   Reply With Quote