Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-07-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
Rachel
Zealot
Rachel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rachel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rachel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony prs505, kindle, ithing
Error message when auto adding books

Could somebody give me some information about the automatic book loading facility.

I downloaded 8:46 yesterday and was eager to try the automatic book loading. I pointed calibre to the directory with the new books, clicked apply and restarted calibre. I got the error message:

calibre, version 0.8.46
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:'int' object is not iterable

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\auto_add.py", line 198, in add_to_db
TypeError: 'int' object is not iterable

I took some of the books out of the directory, restarted Calibre and got the same message. I put just one book in the directory and got it to load. I put another book in the directory and got the error message again. I restarted Calibre and tried one book and then two books more with success, and then the next time got the error message. Amongst the books, most were epubs which I do not need to convert, and there was one mobi which was converted automatically. I have had failure and success with the same file. This all seems quite inconsistent to me.

Can somebody translate the error message for me and give me some idea of what I need to do to get it to work consistently. Thank you.
Rachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
@rachael

Can't help with the message, But
Try turning OFF auto CONVERT. Preferences: Adding Books: Automatic Adding (tab)
un-tick the auto convert... Save

Then try it
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:16 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That error is caused by a bug in 0.8.46 when auto-adding a book that has duplicates and you have turned on both duplicate checking and automatic conversion.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #4
Rachel
Zealot
Rachel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rachel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rachel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony prs505, kindle, ithing
Thanks Kovid
Rachel is offline   Reply With Quote