Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-15-2009, 09:00 AM   #1
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Thumbs up Soul Intent by Dennis Batchelder - $0.99

The sequel to Soul Identity by Dennis Batchelder - $0.01 [Technothriller] has been released for $0.99

Soul Intent by Dennis Batchelder - $0.99 [Technothriller]

Good deal for a brand new book.

- edit Now on Smashwords

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/3390

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1532

Last edited by Sporadic; 08-19-2009 at 09:46 AM.
Sporadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:04 AM   #2
thianliongpatpoh
Zealot
thianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litter

Device: iPad
Good info!
This ebook release coincides with my plan to read the Soul Identity this long weekend. I snatched the first book while it was a freebie from amazon back then. Now I can read them back-to-back!
thianliongpatpoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2009, 11:09 AM   #3
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I'm *SO* glad this has been released. Soul Identity was one of the "best of 2008" for me.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:32 AM   #4
candytx
Enthusiast
candytx doesn't littercandytx doesn't litter

Device: K2
I, too, really enjoyed Soul Identity - more than I thought I would. Didn't realize there would be a sequel so WooHoo!
candytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 03:12 PM   #5
denbatch
Enthusiast
denbatch can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.denbatch can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.denbatch can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.denbatch can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.denbatch can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.denbatch can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.denbatch can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.denbatch can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.denbatch can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.denbatch can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.denbatch can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: kindle dx
your posts about "soul identity" warm my heart -- i'm so glad you enjoyed it.

i hope you all enjoy "soul intent" as much as i enjoyed writing it. it took me 25 months, a ton of research, and 7 drafts to get it complete, and i'm thrilled with the results. now, finally, it's your turn :-)

dennis
denbatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2009, 03:24 PM   #6
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Dennis -- welcome to MobileRead. We're so glad to see authors stopping by to talk about their books. I'm one who has been really talking up Soul Identity since I read it last year, and I'm thrilled to get the sequel.

If you don't know already, there are quite a few (probably much more than half) of the MobileRead population who don't have a Kindle. Many of them live outside the US and have absolutely no legitimate way to get one. So, unless you have an exclusive distribution deal with Amazon, everyone would really appreciate it if you released your book in other formats or through other stores. Jeffrey Carver and Steve Jordan have offered books from their own web sites with payment via PayPal. Other authors have used Smashwords to distribute their books in various formats.

Please don't let this be your only post here. We're glad you've joined us and are looking forward to talking with you about your books.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 03:46 PM   #7
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Hell, I still have not read the first one even though I bought it. I have so many books in the cue to read it is not even funny lol
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 04:34 PM   #8
denbatch
Enthusiast
denbatch can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.denbatch can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.denbatch can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.denbatch can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.denbatch can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.denbatch can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.denbatch can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.denbatch can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.denbatch can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.denbatch can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.denbatch can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Dennis -- welcome to MobileRead. We're so glad to see authors stopping by to talk about their books. I'm one who has been really talking up Soul Identity since I read it last year, and I'm thrilled to get the sequel.

If you don't know already, there are quite a few (probably much more than half) of the MobileRead population who don't have a Kindle. Many of them live outside the US and have absolutely no legitimate way to get one. So, unless you have an exclusive distribution deal with Amazon, everyone would really appreciate it if you released your book in other formats or through other stores. Jeffrey Carver and Steve Jordan have offered books from their own web sites with payment via PayPal. Other authors have used Smashwords to distribute their books in various formats.

Please don't let this be your only post here. We're glad you've joined us and are looking forward to talking with you about your books.
hi elsi:

thanks for the welcome -- and a big, big thank you for all the nice words you wrote about soul identity on your blog and on various forums. i'm thrilled you enjoyed it enough to call it one of the best of 2008.

my own "sole" intent was to release simultaneously on paperback, mobipocket, and smashwords on 9/9/9. everything was in order, all files were uploaded, but for whatever reason, the kindle folks jumped the gun and posted "soul intent" yesterday. i'm not going to take it down: too many readers seem happy. and maybe i'll get some early reviews.

so, if somebody out there doesn't have a kindle, take heart: only three more weeks before you can get it from mobipocket or smashwords.

(and if you really can't wait, you can send me a really nice email at denbatch@gmail.com, promise me that you'll post a review, and i'll email you a pdf, prc, or word file). i'm easy this way.

dennis
Old 08-16-2009, 01:14 AM   #9
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Bought from Smashwords and put in the queue

It just keeps getting longer... and longer... and longer
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 01:43 AM   #10
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Thanks for the heads up, Sporadic (once again).

I've just bought Soul Identity at Smashwords. I expect I'll be back there to buy Soul Intent when it becomes available.

Thanks, Dennis, for sharing your books with us
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 03:31 PM   #11
denbatch
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbell View Post
Thanks for the heads up, Sporadic (once again).

I've just bought Soul Identity at Smashwords. I expect I'll be back there to buy Soul Intent when it becomes available.

Thanks, Dennis, for sharing your books with us
cbell and others: now i'm feeling bad for non-kindle readers, so i've gone ahead and uploaded Soul Intent to smashwords. thanks, everybody, for the friendly reminder that there are plenty of other ebook readers out there.

here's the link: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/3390

happy reading!
dennis
Old 08-18-2009, 01:42 AM   #12
denbatch
Enthusiast

hello mobilereaders:

i just wanted to drop by and say thank you: since saturday i sold 200+ copies of "soul intent", and a few more on smashwords and mobipocket. thanks for your support, and i can't wait to hear what you thought about it!

dennis
Old 08-19-2009, 03:28 AM   #13
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Got a sale here. Snagged both of them at smashwords.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:40 AM   #14
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by denbatch View Post
cbell and others: now i'm feeling bad for non-kindle readers, so i've gone ahead and uploaded Soul Intent to smashwords. thanks, everybody, for the friendly reminder that there are plenty of other ebook readers out there.

here's the link: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/3390

happy reading!
dennis
Welcome to MR and for sharing your work with the owners of other ebook Readers. I've bought both and they are on my TBR list.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:46 AM   #15
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Added the Smashwords link to the OP
Sporadic is offline   Reply With Quote