Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-10-2006, 09:07 PM   #16
royalkay
royalkay began at the beginning.

The Cradle includes an insert so you can place the reader in it with or without the cover. (Makes it a lot easier to control the cables that way too.) There is a power port for the charger if you want it to charge faster also.
royalkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:23 PM   #17
diomark
diomark began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs-500
btw - your treo 650 can be usb charged.. try here -
http://www.amazon.com/PalmOne-miniSy...&s=electronics

-mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu
To Clarify:

The USB cable for downloading content also acts as charger?

Two friends of mine who have newer smartphones were chiding me that my Treo 650 does not have USB charging capability. Of course, neither one of them has a bluetooth dongle for their PC, so it's a dead heat.

USB charging would be awesome. A smart move on SONY's part, if they included it
diomark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 10:19 PM   #18
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
The main benefit of the cradle is that it is simple to charge and dock. Just pop it in, and no cables to mess with. You do have to seat it down a bit, but no big deal. I place it in and then tap/rock it down gently. I like not having to use the cables and sockets.

But other than that, there's no real need for it. Some people prefer the cables to the dock, so I think it's personal preference. For me it just seems slick and easy to dock. And that halo light is kinda cool! ;-)
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:34 AM   #19
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
@ diomark:

yeah, my Treo 650 does USB charging--If I spring for another $18.00 (+ shipping). Not exactly the same thing.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:15 AM   #20
melchioe
Addicted
melchioe began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Nooks, PRS-505, Kindles, lots of old ones
Well, if you use a desktop, the cradle can let you hide the USB cable so it's not dangling around. It keeps the Reader in a neat place.

And the cradle does work with the cover on the unit (good, because the cover is a bear to remove, at least for me - and I always feel like I'm gonna crack the screen when I put t back on).

If you keep your Reader naked, there is also an insert that comes with the cradle to keep it stable with no cover.

Last edited by melchioe; 11-16-2006 at 10:17 AM.
melchioe is offline   Reply With Quote