Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-29-2012, 05:37 AM   #1171
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
will the PDF patch be combined into the next firmware version?
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:55 PM   #1172
paralleluniverse
Enthusiast
paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M92
I've recently bought a Boox M92, so I have a few questions about upgrading the firmware:

1. Is there a difference between the firmware here and the firmware on the official site: http://www.onyx-boox.com/onyx-boox-f...x-m92-firmware

And if so, which should I use?

2. Do I have only have to install the latest firmware (1.8) or all the previous ones too?

3. In the instruction it says that an SD card is needed to update the firmware. I do not have an SD card and would prefer to not buy one, is it possible to update the firmware without an SD card.
paralleluniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:57 AM   #1173
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1159
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1155
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...164162&page=78
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:00 AM   #1174
paralleluniverse
Enthusiast
paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paralleluniverse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi.

Thanks, that answers my first question (I got it off booxtor's website). On 2, I assume the answer is that I only need to download the 1.8 firmware.

What about 3?
paralleluniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #1175
CJY
Zealot
CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
3. In the instruction it says that an SD card is needed to update the firmware. I do not have an SD card and would prefer to not buy one, is it possible to update the firmware without an SD card.
I have done it from the internal memory (before I realised that I had to do it from SD). The only averse effect that I had was that the unit did not automatically reboot afterwards, so I had to manually restart after a time.
Mileage may wary, though, so please do not hold me responsible if something goes wrong.

Cheers!
CJ
CJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #1176
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

What concerns the "1.8.20121113" firmware update from the "Internal Storage", I believe we should wait for an official statement from "Booxtor".

Note that this is different when we speak about the latest "12.12.12" update of the "new PDF Reader" ... see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1122
Old 12-31-2012, 06:19 AM   #1177
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
I've recently bought a Boox M92, so I have a few questions about upgrading the firmware:

1. Is there a difference between the firmware here and the firmware on the official site: http://www.onyx-boox.com/onyx-boox-f...x-m92-firmware
First of all, www.onyx-boox.com is not owned by Onyx and it is not Onyx official site. It is just one of many Onyx's distributors...

If you bought M92 at www.onyx-boox.com (and few other, mainly Polish sites) you have to use their firmware.

If you bought somewhere else, you may use "Booxstor's" firmware, which is also official Onyx firmware.

If you are not sure, try any of those two firmwares. It is possible to install only the right one, the "wrong" will not be installed. So, you cannot make any mistake.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:02 PM   #1178
Isles8008
Connoisseur
Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Nexus 10, Kindle Paperwhite, iRiver Story HD
Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
First of all, www.onyx-boox.com is not owned by Onyx and it is not Onyx official site. It is just one of many Onyx's distributors...

If you bought M92 at www.onyx-boox.com (and few other, mainly Polish sites) you have to use their firmware.

If you bought somewhere else, you may use "Booxstor's" firmware, which is also official Onyx firmware.

If you are not sure, try any of those two firmwares. It is possible to install only the right one, the "wrong" will not be installed. So, you cannot make any mistake.
Okay, so I bought a black Onyx Boox M92 from all_cycle_world on eBay, and it doesn't say "Black Pearl" anywhere on the aluminum-like labels, so I'm guessing it is just a standard M92.

Am I okay to use Booxter's 1.8 firmware update?

Also, I know you have to hold down the "OK" button while the device boots, but what button is that? Is it pressing down on the 5-way selector toggle switch found on the right-front bezel of the device?

Any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated! All of these M92 threads are overwhelming me.
Isles8008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:53 AM   #1179
iampiti
Connoisseur
iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!

Yes, the "OK button" is the joystick. Just press it down.
IMO The M92 software is very powerful but its UI is a bit confusing. The manual could be much better too.
Anyway I love the device.
iampiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:37 AM   #1180
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post

Interesting, I thought they are all the same.
FinancialWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #1181
Isles8008
Connoisseur
Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isles8008 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can I update this firmware straight from the 1.7 20120526 to 1.8, or do I have to install all previous firmwares that came before 1.8? Thanks!
Old 01-02-2013, 06:06 AM   #1182
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Straight from any firmware. It is also possible to downgrade.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #1183
Isles8008
Connoisseur

Thanks for your help all. Both the 1.8 update and latest patch installed on my device without a hitch. Much appreciated.

Now I will see if anything can be done about the excessive hyphenation in FBReader. I really ha-
te how ev-
ery other li-
ne is hyphenated.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:08 PM   #1184
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Hi guys!

First update in the new year is available

Here is the updated PDF Reader with new Page Setting functionality
We have abandoned the "Two Point Margins" tool and added two new visual margins setting tools instead:
- Universal Manual Settings - to setup all pages of a PDF document
- Odd / Even Manual Settings - to setup odd and even pages differently.
I hope you will like it.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/pd...f%20reader.rar
As usual unzip it and copy those two files from archive to the internal memory of your device. In your device click on update.oar and the last update for PDFReader will be installed.
You can use it without rebooting.
Please note that this particular tool in the new PDF Reader is still beta!
Your feedback is welcome

Last edited by Booxtor; 01-02-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #1185
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot

The correct web link to the newest "PDF Reader" update ("UPD 2013.01.02") is:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/23593310/pd...f%20reader.rar

Booxtor, please, correct the web link on the "First" page of this thread, too.

Note also: although it is not clearly said, before applying the newest "UPD 2013.01.02", one should apply the previous "UPD. 12.12.12" (or one can replace the "onyx_pdf_reader" file inside of the "UPD. 12.12.12" patch file with the one taken from the newest "UPD 2013.01.02" patch file).

Last edited by pepe_alter_ego; 01-02-2013 at 04:54 PM.