Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #1
binpat
binpat began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Kindle Touch with Special offer in Canada

Hi, I am thinking of getting a Kindle Touch, and was considering going across the border and getting a special offers one at Best Buy. Was wondering if the KT will work in Canada.
Thanks for the help in advance
binpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
clen3k
clen3k began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch / Kindle Keyboard
Since it works everywhere else in the world, I don't know why it wouldn't in Canada. HTH.
clen3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:17 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes, it'll work fine.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #4
binpat
binpat began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Thanks much, I was just concerned about the Special offers not making it work outside of the US. Looks like I am on my way to get a Kindle.
YAY
binpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:24 AM   #5
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
If you register the Kindle to a Canadian address you won't get many, if any, special offers. Any you do get may not be available to Canadians.

The main difference I find is so many more books are available to Americans than Canadians including the Daily Deals and special offers for discounts on books, few though they may be.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:38 PM   #6
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
If you register the Kindle to a Canadian address you won't get many, if any, special offers. Any you do get may not be available to Canadians.

The main difference I find is so many more books are available to Americans than Canadians including the Daily Deals and special offers for discounts on books, few though they may be.
You are correct that most if not all of the ads and special offers aren't available to Canadians. I've only been able to take advantage of a local offer for a $10 Amazon gift card for $5.

However, almost all of the Kindle Daily Deals on amazon.com as well as the monthly '$3.99 and under' lists are in fact available to Canadians. The only consistently unavailable reduced price ebooks seem to be the Nook Daily Find price matches, since those are only offered to US customers by Nook in the first place.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote