Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-02-2009, 03:16 AM   #1
AllenH
Enthusiast
AllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Unhappy Catalog Error - Timed Out

Having some difficulties with Calibre. It's an interesting thing- I've had it working in the past a number of versions before, just tried again recently (version right before this one... 5.x.9 I think it was..) Anyhow... I'm getting all sorts of python script errors now. I've checked the permissions, they're good. The iPod Stanza can see the Calibre Server in Shared- it sticks on "Loading..." the catalog, then dies with a Catalog Error- Timed Out.

Some funny things appear in the console log- in particular, serving on 0.0.0.0:8080 (is that right? any reason for all the zeros?)

But, here's some of the output gotten from --developer and then from the normal run of the server...

from calibre-server --developer:
Code:
$ calibre-server --develop
[02/May/2009:01:59:14] ENGINE Bus STARTING
[02/May/2009:01:59:14] ENGINE Started monitor thread '_TimeoutMonitor'.
[02/May/2009:01:59:14] ENGINE Started monitor thread 'Autoreloader'.
[02/May/2009:01:59:14] ENGINE Serving on 0.0.0.0:8080
[02/May/2009:01:59:14] ENGINE Bus STARTED
Exception in thread Autoreloader:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "threading.pyo", line 522, in __bootstrap_inner
File "cherrypy/process/plugins.pyo", line 371, in run
File "cherrypy/process/plugins.pyo", line 448, in run
File "email/__init__.pyo", line 79, in __getattr__
ImportError: No module named message
And the stuff received from the normal run after killing the server from the above:
Code:
$ calibre-server -p 8080 
File "calibre/utils/Zeroconf.pyo", line 863, in run
File "calibre/utils/Zeroconf.pyo", line 908, in handle_read
File "calibre/utils/Zeroconf.pyo", line 469, in __init__
File "calibre/utils/Zeroconf.pyo", line 495, in readQuestions
File "calibre/utils/Zeroconf.pyo", line 262, in __init__
NonLocalNameException
NonLocalNameException
NonLocalNameException
NonLocalNameException
NonLocalNameException
NonLocalNameException
Any thoughts on what's going on? The weird thing is that I can get the catalog via loopback 127.0.0.1:8080. But, I can't get to it via any computer on the same lan (including the iPod- although apparently it sees the calibre server).

All suggestions welcome.
-Allen
AllenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:11 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
what OS are you running on and how did you install calibre?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2009, 04:30 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Any thoughts on what's going on? The weird thing is that I can get the catalog via loopback 127.0.0.1:8080. But, I can't get to it via any computer on the same lan (including the iPod- although apparently it sees the calibre server).
Compiuters on the same LAN would get to it via pc_ip_address:8080

If that is not working, but the 127.0.0.1:8080 (localhost) address is then the chances are that you have a firewall blocking access from outside the PC.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:54 PM   #4
AllenH
Enthusiast
AllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
what OS are you running on and how did you install calibre?
kovidgoyal, thanks for reading and helping here! [I love Calibre, btw, it's fantastic.]

I'm on osX 10.4.11. I suspect a firewall problem also- only problem is that I turned off my firewall completely, but, what I should probably do, is start the webserver (nonCalibre) and see if I can get to the machine on port 8080. If I can, then I can suspect a problem with the Calibre server.

Another possibility is that I run fink and have python installed on the linux side... possibly these two are conflicting?

Does that 0.0.0.0:8080 number ever change? Or is it a general note letting you know the server is running on the machine's real address?

What steps do you suggest for me to attempt to track this down. I also want this to be helpful to everyone here and also kovidgoyal, incase it crops up again.

I do run a firewall, flying butress, but again, it was disabled. [But, I can't trust it perhaps- I need to double check that I can get to the machine, as I mentioned.]

I'll do that today and get back to you.
-Allen

ps- the other os I have access too, macbook, intel 10.4.11 (mine is PPC, PowerbookG4), can run the server perfectly- but it's also a cleaner system without all the linux underpinnings etc. etc. of the main machine.
AllenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
0.0.0.0 just means it's listening for connections to any ip address for the local computer. If you can access th eserver on 127.0.0.1 but not from other computers, the most likely culprit is a firewall.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, error, server