Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-06-2008, 04:11 AM   #1
jvl
jvl began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Html with frames in LRF ? (LeMonde)

Hi,
I am trying to put the newspaper LeMonde from HTML to the PRS-505 and trying to use the Table of Content but with no success.
Any idea ?
Attached Files
File Type: zip 081005.zip (560.3 KB, 395 views)
jvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:13 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you'll have better luck for documents with frames with epub
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2008, 04:22 AM   #3
jvl

it's to bad because it's only the menu which uses frame and I thought that the menu could be replaced with the Table of Contents from the PRS-505. I started writting something in perl (but i very bad in programing) to replace that but the headers don't look good...

How do I use epub ?
Old 10-06-2008, 04:23 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just use feeds2epub instead of feeds2lrf. But rather than using the frameset docment as your index why not use the documents it points too?
Old 10-06-2008, 04:28 AM   #5
jvl

error

Serveur:/Volumes/DATA/Téléchargement/081005/data serveur$ feeds2epub frame_gauche_1.html
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/loaders/feeds2epub.py", line 9, in <module>
main()
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/site-packages.zip/calibre/ebooks/epub/from_feeds.py", line 64, in main
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/site-packages.zip/calibre/ebooks/epub/from_feeds.py", line 37, in convert
File "/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/site-packages.zip/calibre/web/feeds/main.py", line 136, in run_recipe
File "calibre/web/feeds/recipes/__init__.pyo", line 73, in compile_recipe
File "/tmp/calibre_0.4.91_zs_c5g_recipes/recipe1.py", line 4, in <module>
frame_gauche_1.html

thanks for your time
Advert
Old 10-06-2008, 04:34 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Oh you want to run it on the downloaded HTML. I thought you wanted to download it off the web with a recipe. In that case:

Code:
html2epub data/main.html
Old 10-06-2008, 04:43 AM   #7
jvl

i think it doesn't support frames.
I did a html2epub index.html
and had as an answer the text inside the <noframes>

<NOFRAMES><BODY ALINK="WHITE">VOTRE NAVIGATEUR NE SUPPORTE PAS LES FRAMES</BODY></NOFRAMES>
</HTML>
Old 10-06-2008, 05:25 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

yeah html2epub doesn't support frames, which is why I suggested using data/main.html
Old 10-09-2008, 03:44 AM   #9
jvl

html2lrf how does it work ?

What is the good syntax of the html file to have my title in the TOC ?
I have looked around the page on html2lrf (but I haven't read all of it yet...)

here is a html page

<a href="#section1"><h1 id="chapter">Bigtitle1</h1></a>
<a href="#section1"><h1 id="chapter">Bigtitle2</h1></a>
<a href="#section2"><h1 id="chapter">Bigtitle3</h1></a>
<a name="section1" href='page_1.html'><h2 id="chapter">Smalltitle1a</h2></a><br>
<a name="section1" href='page2.html'><h2 id="chapter">Smalltitle1b</h2></a><br>
<a name="section2" href='page3.html'><h2 id="chapter">Samlltitle2</h2></a><br>

and I would like
in the TOC first page
Bigtitle1
Bigtitle2
Bigtitle3

and when I choose Bigtitle1, I would again like to have a TOC
Samlltitle1a
Smalltitle1b

and when I go on Smalltitle1a I can read my page page1.html
Old 10-09-2008, 07:16 AM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

LRF doesn't support recursive toc. Use html2epub instead with the options

--level1-toc=//h1 --level2-toc=//h2
Old 10-10-2008, 03:46 AM   #11
jvl

I now have this html code

<h1>Bigtitle1</h1>
<a href='page_1.html'><h2>Smalltitle1a</h2></a><br>
<a href='page2.html'><h2>Smalltitle1b</h2></a><br>
<h1>Bigtitle2</h1></a>
<a href='page3.html'><h2>Samlltitle2</h2></a><br>

It gives me a nice TOC on both levels with your command but when I click on the second toc it returns me on the first page with the list of links and not directly to page1,2ou 3. How come ? I am missing something ?

Thanks

JVL
Old 10-10-2008, 05:03 AM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Oh I'm sorry I misunderstood. The --level1-tov and --level2-toc are meant for a single HTML file. If you want to use them with multiple HTML files, I would suggest creating the following HTML in the individual files:

Code:
<h1 class="level1_toc">chapter title</h1>
<h2 class="level2_toc">subsection title1</h2>
<h2 class="level2_toc">subsection title2</h2>
Then run:
Code:
html2epub --level1-toc '//h1[@class="level1_toc"]' --level2-toc '//h1[@class="level2_toc"]' index.html