Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #1
solwisesteve
Enthusiast
solwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kobo Vox
Kobo Aura won't stay switched off!

I mentioned this issue in another thread but it probably should be on a new thread rather than tacked onto then end of another one.

New Aura - only got it today. Working fine (after a few pointers from the forum - thanks for that). The problem is it won't stay switched off! I flip the red button. Screen clears. Leave it 10 seconds and the damn thing starts up again!

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Steve
solwisesteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
solwisesteve
Enthusiast
solwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animalssolwisesteve is kind to children and small, furry animals

Just an update on this. It seems I can't turn it fully off. The user guide says hold the red button to the right until the OFF screen appears. Well what I see is after three seconds the screen just goes white. If I then release the red button then after just a few seconds it starts up again!

If I quickly slide the red button then the screen goes white, just like above. But, also just like above, I wait a few seconds and the damn thing starts up again :-(
Advert
Old 06-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Hold the switch over longer....
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by solwisesteve View Post
Just an update on this. It seems I can't turn it fully off. The user guide says hold the red button to the right until the OFF screen appears. Well what I see is after three seconds the screen just goes white. If I then release the red button then after just a few seconds it starts up again!

If I quickly slide the red button then the screen goes white, just like above. But, also just like above, I wait a few seconds and the damn thing starts up again :-(
Replied in other thread.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #5
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Some people have had an issue with having the SleepCover option set to "ON" while NOT using a SleepCover. If other solutions don't work, try to uncheck the box under:
Settings--Light, sleep, and power--(page 2) "Automatically sleep and wake up".
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #6
solwisesteve
Enthusiast

This was the first thing I tried. I've tried it with the check box ticked and the check box unticked :-(
Old 06-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #7
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Quote:
This was the first thing I tried. I've tried it with the check box ticked and the check box unticked :-(
rats! sorry it didn't work! hope your factory reset does the trick.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:08 PM   #8
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Just curious.... Why shut it all the way off? Eink uses almost no power at all while asleep. The unit can be asleep for a couple of weeks before the battery dies.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:38 PM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
What happens if you set the sleep and power off timeouts? Does it wake straight away?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:39 AM   #10
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
I flip the red button. Screen clears. Leave it 10 seconds and the damn thing starts up again!
What do you mean by start up again? Does the Aura goes back to the home screen? To the library? To the last page read?
You know that showing the book cover is the proper behaviour when the Aura is sleeping or off, don't you? I was so surprised at first, expecting it to have a blank screen
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:45 AM   #11
solwisesteve
Enthusiast

It went onto the homescreen.

It's now doing sleep mode correctly: Shows cover for last book and says Sleeping at the bottom of the screen :-)
Old 06-12-2013, 04:54 AM   #12
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
It went onto the homescreen.

It's now doing sleep mode correctly: Shows cover for last book and says Sleeping at the bottom of the screen :-)
After a factory reset if I've understood the other thread.
Well now you can enjoy your Aura! I hope all your trouble are behind you
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote