Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #76
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
NO REBOOTS

Well its been a day or so, and so far no more reboots. Very happy here about that. Hopefully we shall see a full release.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:38 PM   #77
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hi everyone,

As indicated before, the team has found and fixed the issue. We are currently testing it and hope to roll it out to everyone as soon as possible. Thanks for bearing with us.

Sameer
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #78
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So how is everyone makeing out with their glo? Any other bugs or bizzare behaviour to report?
Old 10-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #79
Big Mack
Enthusiast
Big Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of lightBig Mack is a glorious beacon of light

Device: iPod Touch 4; iPhone 4; Kobo Touch; Kobo Glo
I haven't had any issues (reboot or otherwise) after i loaded the books i was reading onto main memory. Everything else seems to be fine.

I originally thought the unit was at 100% battery for way too long, but it started going down - i guess its just battery life...

Looking forward to getting the firmware update.
Big Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:28 AM   #80
FelineFeral
FelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mack View Post
I haven't had any issues (reboot or otherwise) after i loaded the books i was reading onto main memory. Everything else seems to be fine.

I originally thought the unit was at 100% battery for way too long, but it started going down - i guess its just battery life...

Looking forward to getting the firmware update.
I thought the same with the battery. It took 5 1/2 hrs of use before I noticed a drop in the battery life. It went down to 89%. If it keeps this up I'm impressed.

I've had the same problem with the KG rebooting with a SD card in use. I do hope the update will fix it. It takes forever to read an 86 paged book when it restarts every little while.
FelineFeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2012, 06:52 AM   #81
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelineFeral View Post
I thought the same with the battery. It took 5 1/2 hrs of use before I noticed a drop in the battery life. It went down to 89%. If it keeps this up I'm impressed.

I've had the same problem with the KG rebooting with a SD card in use. I do hope the update will fix it. It takes forever to read an 86 paged book when it restarts every little while.
So far everything seems to work great in the version they gave me to test. I would say that as far as reboot issues go its sorted. That said, I beleive they are tweaking things to ensure the best possible release and we should see a final version shortly. Over all the standard behind Kobo support is 10 out of 10

regards

Jack
Old 10-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #82
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
Smile

so far for me, the beta fix seems to work nicely : no more reboots Reading on my Glo is now really a pleasure (and that's what it's meant to for me : allow me to read quite everywhere, anytime and as long as I wish)

mdclements and all Kobo people for that
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #83
FelineFeral
FelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura aboutFelineFeral has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
So far everything seems to work great in the version they gave me to test. I would say that as far as reboot issues go its sorted. That said, I beleive they are tweaking things to ensure the best possible release and we should see a final version shortly. Over all the standard behind Kobo support is 10 out of 10

regards

Jack
Thanks for letting me know. I'm looking forward to this update. Now if I could only figure out how to unfreeze the KG. >.<

Plugging the Kobo into the computer seems to have fixed it. I've transferred everything to the main memory until the update is available. ^_^

Last edited by FelineFeral; 10-16-2012 at 04:36 PM. Reason: More information
FelineFeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:53 AM   #84
fedcod
fedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of lightfedcod is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Pocketbook 623
Today, I got my first reboot with firmware 2.1.5, sad !
fedcod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:13 AM   #85
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedcod View Post
Today, I got my first reboot with firmware 2.1.5, sad !
And I got mine yesterday, on my Touch, with OTA (not sideloaded) 2.1.5. Not sad - annoying.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:20 AM   #86
Woekie
Woekie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW
Sad thing, yeah.
I already had 4 freezes after updating to 2.1.5., and worse than that, the battery completely drained twice in a few hours time. My Glo was practically unusable.

I did a factory reset, let the device update again.
Already had one freeze after that, but the battery seems ok now (too early too tell).

Does anyone have any tips? Should I remove the SD card and only use the main memory?
That would be a disappointment, because my main reason for switching from Kindle to Kobo was the support of memory cards.

When everything works (and it did the first two days) it is a super machine though.
Woekie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:31 AM   #87
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
so far here, no more reboots since the update (that I tried before its official release), no freezing nor battery draining fast. I mainly read side-loaded epub that I store on a SD card. I hope you'll have soon an answer to your concerns. Just happy with my Glo till now
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #88
leezer3
Enthusiast
leezer3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I've seen two freezes and a reboot whilst font tweaking after the 2.1.5 update. Not a happy bunny at the minute!
leezer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:10 PM   #89
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Font Tweaking has been a long time issue; multiple changes in short succession have always seemed problematic and likely to cause reboots.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 12:35 AM   #90
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
And I think the bigger the book, the less changes are needed to cause the freeze or reboot.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote