Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-08-2011, 10:25 AM   #1
Raisan
Raisan began at the beginning.

Device: PB 903
Corrupted library

I received my 903 yesterday. Read the manual, and some books, connected it to the PC, it showed as Pocketbook. Copied everything to the PC to be safe. Copied some pdf and djvu books to a directory in the 903. Decided to delete books in languages I don't understand, but to play safe, I just moved them to a new directory in the device. Safe remove, disconnect, switch on, go to library... and it hangs. The hourglass remains over the library icon and the 903 does not respond. Firmware is 2.0.4.

I wait for some time, thinking it must be checking the changes (my mp3 player does it as well). After 10 minutes, I switch it off. On. Hung on the pocketbook-int splash.

Google it, found this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...+deleted+books. Tried all except flash firmware, because I don't have an SD card yet.
- On and off does nothing.
- Connect to the PC does nothing: it does not reach the "ask user" screen, so it goes into charging.
- Switch on while pressing different keys led me to the registration screen, and hung there.
- On while pressing < and >, tried to flash, found no binary file (no card yet), and went back to hung. Near panic.
- Leave it connected to the PC for a few hours, nothing.
- Once home, found a needle, and reset. After 3 to 5 times (sometimes while on, sometimes off), it finally booted. Go to Library, press, and hung again.
- I could reproduce it. After a certain number of resets, I could gain control. Connect to PC, leave files as initially, but library would still hang it when pressed.
- Finally, after resets (and setting preferences) I could read books via search. Library remains unusable.

Today, I found this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=122881. Erased the db folder, and library is again operative.

When I get my SD card, I will flash to 2.0.6 to see if this bug is corrected.

And now, one question. The configuration menu has a "reformat internal memory", which I didn't dare to press. ¿What will this do? I couldn't find anything in the manual or FAQ.

Thanks

Raisan
Raisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:20 AM   #2
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
It won't delete the OS if thats what you're worried about just a more in depth reset to original status than 'clean state', I've used it myself before upgrading to 2.0.6 without any harm done.

As always make sure you back-up every little thing that you might miss later because some actions aren't reversible.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
library hangup