Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-02-2011, 09:07 AM   #1
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
PRS 650: Bookmarks and Collections glitches

Ok as you know (or don't know most likely hehe) I have a 650 and for the most part I'm quite happy about it.
However I would like to point out a couple of small issues I am experiencing with it as I would like to know if others have noticed these:

Whenever I upgrade my collection of books, meaning I connect my device to my computer to import the new books, very often (but not always) after doing the synch (that goes well by the way) and disconnecting my device from my computer, I notice that my bookmarks are gone, well either gone or replaced by older ones. I keep only 1 bookmark per book by the way. So for instance if I have a mark at, say, page 462 of the book I'm currently reading, after the synch is done and I get back to my reading, the mark appears to be at, say, page 398, which is an old mark, I had deleted ...

The other issue is my collections, they are still there after the synch but the books inside are gone. So I must go again through the total of my books to pick up those that were singled out in collections and put them back.

All in all it's not the end of the world, but it sure is not normal, so anyone else has had these issues ? I use the reader library soft from Sony by the way.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:55 AM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
When you sync, the sync goes fromSony on computer to reader... if you want collections to stick then put in collections on computer with sony software... if you put together on the reader, the computer doesn't know so syncs back with nothing in collections, probably same with bookmarks, when you sync it links to current one and then replaces with previous one from computer... others may confirm this as I don't use Sony software but I believe this is how it works by default... may be able to modify behaviour in settings/prefs on computer...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2011, 01:43 PM   #3
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Oh I see, I'll look into that.
Thanks
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote