Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-09-2010, 09:02 AM   #1
Holden
Enthusiast
Holden began at the beginning.

Device: cybook, kindle3
damaged files

I haven't used my Cybook Gen3 for a while. WHen turned it off and connected it to the PC, I got message of damaged files. They appeared in the library with many squares instead of the titles.
After a few attempts I managed to delete them.
Now I have the feeling that something wrong still is.
For example i can't use the option Font Family and font size. For the former, whenever I push the button, the ereader turns off and immediately on again, for the latter I can see the different sizes but I cannot choose any.
I have no idea what frimware it has neither how I can update it.
Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:51 AM   #2
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
If it's a 400mhz Gen3 install the 1.5/1.6 (mobi) 2.0/2.1 (epub) firmware then relaunch a scandisk on your device and this should never append again.

There are majors bugs on 1.4/1.9 firmware version that could led to file corruptions.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2010, 02:03 PM   #3
Holden
Enthusiast

I am not usually a newbie, but as far as ereaders I do not know either which kind of Gen3 is, or how to install or do a scandisk to this device. May I ask anyone to guide me step-by-step?
Old 11-10-2010, 02:13 PM   #4
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
To determine what your device is, there is mutiple choises :

1 - 200Mhz Gen3 was made until the end of 2008, so every device sold before are necessarily a 200Mhz one.
2 - The majority of 200Mhz Gen3 have two sticker on the back
3 - For thoses who have only one sticker, the start of the serial is EB001 or EB100 (for 400MHz not Gold, the serial start with EB600A)
4 - For 200Mhz models with "old" firmware, the "About screen" only display "Cybook Gen3", newer models, and firmware will display the CPU speed (200Mhz, or 400Mhz)

For the "scandisk" it's like anyother USB key, (for windows) you plug it, go to the computer window, right clic on it and select "properties", you should have somewhere a button to "check the drive", that's what I call "scandisk"
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:45 AM   #5
Holden
Enthusiast

Ah, Ok, thank you.

so: let me see. it has 2 stickers, in one there's written CYBOOK GEN3 Mod. CYBOOKGEN31OB
and a small one with a bar code with a long numbers: one starts with ED060... and another E0H013...
In the advanced menu, then in About I can see only Cybook Gen 3 - 2006-08 and no CPU.
I did the scandisk. Everything seems OK.
How can I upgrade the firmware?
Advert