Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-09-2014, 02:24 PM   #24136
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
phbbbbbbtttttt
+100.

Hitch
Hitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:08 PM   #24137
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I dunno -- I've just been listening to KTOslin's "80's Ladies" again. I like the lines
"We've been educated
and liberated
and it's complicated matters with men."
We women probably have changed in the last 60 years or so!
I like the change (being one) but it does make relationships different. And more complicated.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:38 PM   #24138
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I can, however, understand your desire for a Japanese girlfriend. My first two wives were American (well, actually my first wife was an Israeli but moved to the US very young,) and the difference is day and night. In fact, after my second divorce I was quite sure I'd never remarry. I stayed a very happy bachelor for the next 17 years, then met this woman. After the third date I knew I was going to marry her. A year later, I did!
That was 19 years ago.

Stitchawl
After having two Japanese girlfriends (student exchange girls, who didn't want to stay in the Netherlands for various reasons), I became spoiled for life.

I just dig the Japanese looks and mannerisms much more than the Dutch ones. I'm greatly burned out on Dutch women. The ones I met/was involved with were demanding, overbearing, self-satisfied and egotistical. The only two Western women I ever met which I would consider for a relationship were German and Irish.

I want a girlfriend, not a girlfiend. I'd rather stay single.

(Yes, I know my total... uh... sample size... is not statistically significant.)

So... you said you had two divorces and stayed single for 17 years. Thus I assume would make you 40-ish or even older when you met this woman? There's still hope for me then.

However... over here in the south of the Netherlands, where there are NOT a lot of foreigners, for many people, all Asians are either Chinese or (if women) "ordered from Thailand / Taiwan." (Many people here actually think that's the same country with two different names, just like Birma/Myammar.)

Hm. Maybe I should just move to Japan. That would be the most epic solution to all problems. (But, Knowing Me, Knowing You, I'd meet some sort of Dutch woman there and marry her... )

Last edited by Katsunami; 06-09-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:57 PM   #24139
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
The ones I met/was involved with were demanding, overbearing, self-satisfied and egotistical.
Yes, it's positively DREADFUL. The women's liberation movement has made women behave just. like. men., now that they're not chattel. It's an abomination. I think you should set up a new foundation, one that focuses on moving us all back into the 16th century. I'm sure that would make many men much, much happier.

Perhaps you could bring back the Scold's Bridle, while you're at it?

Hitch
Old 06-09-2014, 04:07 PM   #24140
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Yes, it's positively DREADFUL. The women's liberation movement has made women behave just. like. men., now that they're not chattel. It's an abomination. I think you should set up a new foundation, one that focuses on moving us all back into the 16th century. I'm sure that would make many men much, much happier.

Hitch
Jeez, who let you out of the kitchen?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:32 PM   #24141
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Jeez, who let you out of the kitchen?
Doesn't that text beneath your avatar say, "Not scared?"

Hitch
Old 06-09-2014, 05:09 PM   #24142
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:

Hitch
Yep, too bad I'm a self confident, intelligent, powerful, tool using woman. On top of that, I'm a warrior. The only kitchen time for me is when I want to be there
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:30 PM   #24143
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I'm glad you all have been having this conversation. It reminds me that it's past time for me to start making supper.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:01 PM   #24144
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I'm glad you all have been having this conversation. It reminds me that it's past time for me to start making supper.
Get in the kitchen and make me a sammich
Old 06-09-2014, 06:10 PM   #24145
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Get in the kitchen and make me a sammich
...and don't forget to bring me a beer, here in my bark-a-lounger. ;-)

Hitch
Old 06-09-2014, 06:12 PM   #24146
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
...and don't forget to bring me a beer, here in my bark-a-lounger. ;-)

Hitch
And a shot, then you can rub my feet
Old 06-09-2014, 06:32 PM   #24147
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
MWAHAHAHAHA.

Hitch
Old 06-09-2014, 07:25 PM   #24148
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

You are overreacting. Yes, men can be overbearing and demanding and all of the rest too, but I've only rarely heard that complaint about myself, fortunately. I like to think I'm quite rational. I can be easily persuaded to do or don't do things if given a sound reason, and that's a huge difference between the Dutch and Japanese women I knew.

I want a girlfriend, not a girlboss, and the Dutch women I was involved with felt more like bosses than friends. The Japanese women were different; not because they are subservient, submissive and easily controllable. That's stereotypical bullocks. We're not in 1614 anymore. They would stand up for themselves, fiercely, if needed. However, they just were much more reasonable, balanced, and objective in most things involving mutual decisions, and that does NOT automatically mean I got my way every time.

It's this sort of difference:

Me: "I would like...."
Dutch woman: "No."
Me: "Why not?"
DW: (no reason ever forthcoming except "I don't want, and that's the end of it.")

Vs:

Me: "I would like...."
Japanese woman: "That would not be a good idea."
Me: "Why not?"
JW: "Because we can't afford it / there is a better alternative / I have X suggestion which I think should have more priority because...."

(Same goes the other way around, obviously.)

The second one is much more pleasant to deal with, and it was possible with both of the Japanese girlfriends, and with none of the Dutch girlbosses.

And besides all that, I just prefer Asian looks, just as others prefer blond or brunette or whatever.

Last edited by Katsunami; 06-09-2014 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:37 PM   #24149
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Only two nights ago the boss asked me to rub her feet.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:45 PM   #24150
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer

The fact that a lot of men call their wife "the boss" or "the accountant" or "my banker" or similar terms behind their backs, accompanied by a sneer stamped on their faces says enough, IMHO. Personally, I'd not stand for it and quit the relationship. It's clearly lopsided, or one would call the woman "my partner", "my wife", or "my girlfriend" and be proud of it.

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness