Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 11-14-2002, 09:03 AM   #1
gamblec
gamblec began at the beginning.

I was using Reuter England for a couple of weeks. Since last weekend it refuses to download to iSiloX. It reports the following message:

"You don't have permission to access /channels/reuters_gb/index.pl on this server."

Any ideas for a solution?
Old 11-14-2002, 09:35 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I checked Avantgo to see that Reuters is still working there. I am afraid that Reuters has changed the access rights for its server (a few others do that too) to prevent anyone with non-avantgo IPs from accessing the site. Very sad Only way I can think of is spoofing Avantgo's IP, but that doesn't belong to here since it is illegal.

Sorry, it brings back one of the moral dilemmas I had with releasing my Web Channel Collection. I knew the more people had access to it the more it would attract attention to some people who don't want you to use iSilo. The solution: Have enough alternative web sites to visit in order to compensate for the few who disallow iSilo (or Plucker). I hope you have an alternative for Reuters -- either already now, or soon when I bring the next update (this weekend).