Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 09:00 PM   #61
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyDocJoanne View Post
Hi desertgrandma!

I think there probably does need to be someone who can break ties, especially if most people end up voting for their own suggestions

Whether that would be me or a mod (or someone else, for that matter) should be up to the mods, I think. I PM'ed Zelda about some general Book Club stuff, so I'll ask her about this, too...
You're the organizer, so I'd call you the person to be the tie breaker.

Unless the other folks who said "I'm in!" have a problem with it, I think you have the job. It was all your idea...
______
Dennis
Who is an actual moderator, but probably won't have time to participate.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:17 PM   #62
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
You're the organizer, so I'd call you the person to be the tie breaker.

Unless the other folks who said "I'm in!" have a problem with it, I think you have the job. It was all your idea...
______
Dennis
Who is an actual moderator, but probably won't have time to participate.
I second the motion...............
Advert
Old 10-10-2008, 09:22 PM   #63
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
For the January Science Fiction, I'd like to propose sometrhing from the Baen Free Library. No idea what just yet.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #64
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
For the January Science Fiction, I'd like to propose sometrhing from the Baen Free Library. No idea what just yet.

I've not been to that site. Can I download a book to my kindle from there?
Old 10-10-2008, 09:27 PM   #65
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I've not been to that site. Can I download a book to my kindle from there?
Bean's books do not have DRM. So the Mobi format they have will work fine with the Kindle.
Advert
Old 10-10-2008, 10:01 PM   #66
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I promise that if any of his books are chosen, I will do just that........
There is some Joyce that is approachable. I'm not sure I'd recommend _Ulysses_ for the reading group.

There's a lovely story where Joyce encounters a friends during one of his walks. _Ulysses_ had just been published, and Joyce asked his friend's opinion of the book. "I've only read it five times!", responded the friend. "I shall have to read it at least five more times to give you and opinion!" "Why, man", replied Joyce, "Didn't you at least think it was funny?"
______
Dennis
Old 10-10-2008, 10:29 PM   #67
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I have a December eBook... One that is a classic (IMHO) and a very good mystery as well.

The Mysterious Affair at Styles and it is available from MobileRead here as LRF, Mobipocket & IMP. So there should be a format available for everyone to read. If you need a different format, just say so and I can output something from Book Designer. It might not be perfect, but it will be readable.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:33 PM   #68
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Sure. Count me in.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:54 PM   #69
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Ok... this may not be too popular... But On Basilisk Station has been recommended so often. I have wanted to read it so that's my suggestion. However, since it is so popular I guess it is possible most here have read it.

BOb
Old 10-10-2008, 11:24 PM   #70
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
On your profile it says you device is "THE KINNY". Does that mean Kindle? If so perhaps you should correct your profile.

BOb
Bob,
The Kinny was in reference to a thread I had started awhile back about a comment I had seen on the internet.

But, Anyway back on topic I like the idea that a category be assigned to each month that way we broaden our reading It doesnt matter to me if the books come from here or other sources. I have a ton already on my list that I want to read. So lets get to moving for Nov.

JJ
Old 10-10-2008, 11:28 PM   #71
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Birth of "The Kinny". Some of us requested that he keep the name for his new 505.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:16 AM   #72
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

OMG! You killed Kinny! You Bastard!
Old 10-12-2008, 02:51 AM   #73
Tommo43
Enthusiast
Tommo43 began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader 505
brilliant idea . count me in.

Tommo
Old 10-12-2008, 04:51 AM   #74
grimo1re
Geekette
grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.grimo1re could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony Reader PRS500, PocketBook 360
Can i play? Can i play?
Old 10-12-2008, 05:48 AM   #75
Opalstar
Opalstar began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
I like the idea of this book club very much, great idea.
I have just downloaded 'A Passage to India'. I hope to read it this month, and join in. Looking forward to reading and discussing books that I would probably not have read otherwise.
Star
Closed Thread