Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-30-2013, 04:44 AM   #1
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Virtual Library question

I like the virtual libraries especially the tabs view. Very little short of miraculous for some things.

I have a problem with the restriction in the tabs when using plugins.

I am a little confused and not sure how best to phrase this, but is there any way to have a plugin or search apply only to the tab I am looking at or the tab I applied it to?

Probably not, but I thought I would ask.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:01 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. When you do a search with a VL tab open, it will show you only those books that are in the VL and that match the search. What is it that you want to happen differently?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2013, 05:29 AM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. When you do a search with a VL tab open, it will show you only those books that are in the VL and that match the search. What is it that you want to happen differently?
Sorry, I knew I was being confusing but am a tad confused myself.
If I have two tabs and switch between them the same search bar or plugin restrictions apply to both tabs.

I would like to have independent searches in each tab. Or to have marked duplicates in one tab for example, and be able to search the entire library in a tab that encompasses the entire library while still keeping my marked duplicates in the other tab.

I know I am probably wanting my cake and eating it too

Helen
Old 08-30-2013, 05:33 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you use the temp marker plugin, you should be able to mark books in one tab and search for them in the all books tab by using

marked:true

in the search bar.

Switching between tabs clears the current search. So you should be able to use searches independently in different tabs. The only caveat is that you have to re-type the search.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:55 AM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
If you use the temp marker plugin, you should be able to mark books in one tab and search for them in the all books tab by using

marked:true

in the search bar.

Switching between tabs clears the current search. So you should be able to use searches independently in different tabs. The only caveat is that you have to re-type the search.
Interesting but not better than typing the search in the same tab that I can see. When I switch tabs my marked duplicates is gone. I can type in the search term or select it from the list, but it seems to act oddly.

I apologise for not being able to put it better at the moment. Long day and past my bedtime and the results I get switching and searching are confusing to me at the moment.

Thanks for your replies. Ignore my question till I am able to phrase it better.

Helen
Advert