Notices

Old 08-22-2013, 12:40 AM   #1
Sluum
WS Writing Company NV
Sluum began at the beginning.

Device: none yet but looking
Why have two e-readers

i asked this question before, but it got deleted : angry::a ngry:

(and i wrote something long), i am lifeless for trying..

anyway, why do people have more than one e-reader?
Sluum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 01:05 AM   #2
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluum View Post

In my case because I design ebooks, and want to make sure that they work on as many readers as possible.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2013, 01:20 AM   #3
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
- Unless I have someone who I think could need an e-reader (family, friend), I keep the old device when I get a new one, either as a "just in case" safety blanket or because I've gotten attached to it. I rarely sell gadgets.

- It's convenient to have a reader for normal use and one where you keep a reference book open. This is the main reason why I have two comparable e-readers (Glo and Odyssey).

- Different sizes for different purposes: Some people prefer a larger display at home, but take a smaller, more portable device with them when they are on the road.

- Being interested in technology and enjoying new electronic toys, or wanting to keep up with the development. E-readers are relatively inexpensive.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:04 AM   #4
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
For me: Glo for most purposes. iPad for comics and magazines. iPhone for when I'm caught out without my Glo, and because I need a phone anyway. And for Candy Crush.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:10 AM   #5
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
A good reader for home, a cheap reader to take on vacations, and an Android tablet to read PDFs (which my good and cheap ereaders don't do so well).
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2013, 03:21 AM   #6
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I read at multiple locations which require different things from a reader.

In the sun, I prefer an e-ink. On holiday, I prefer an e-ink (no wall socket in our tent!). Before sleeping I prefer a somewhat larger tablet with backlight.

So, I have 3. One for general outside reading at home (my sony), one for holiday reading (my BBook Mini) and one for bedtime reading (my Flyer)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:06 AM   #7
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
One eInk reader for epub and one for Kindle books. Then I have a spare Kindle just in case one breaks.

For my next trip I will actually bring the expensive Paper White Kindle since it is on trips you really need the built in light.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:12 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I don't have two readers, I have three (that I regularly use):

Kindle Paperwhite which I use as my main fiction reader.

Sony PRS-350 ePub reader for library books.

Apple iPad for PDFs and books which benefit from a colour screen or larger screen size.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:24 AM   #9
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
I have 3 Kindles, mostly because every time they introduce a new one, I buy it, but I still like to keep my older ones....just because I love them! And I like having a backup, in case something happens to my Paperwhite.
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Because I can.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #11
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Because I can.
That's exactly what I was about to post.

I mean, what if one breaks? What if you accidentally let one go flat?
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
What if it dies in the middle of a book that was really getting exciting and you don't have the physical book as a backup?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #13
Hampshire Nanny
Guru
Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 KB, iPad2
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
- Unless I have someone who I think could need an e-reader (family, friend), I keep the old device when I get a new one, either as a "just in case" safety blanket or because I've gotten attached to it. I rarely sell gadgets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I don't have two readers, I have three (that I regularly use):

Kindle Paperwhite which I use as my main fiction reader.

Sony PRS-350 ePub reader for library books.

Apple iPad for PDFs and books which benefit from a colour screen or larger screen size.
Yeah -- what they said. I found that a "back-up" device was very important when I lost my Kindle Keyboard a couple of weeks ago. To finish the book that I had been reading at the time, I simply loaded it onto one of the other readers and kept going. Also, Harry's comment about the library is certainly pertinent here. None of our local libraries have lending for the Kindle, so it's important to have a reader that supports the ePub format with Adobe Digital Editions.

And the other answer is ... with over 1000 printed volumes in my house, wouldn't you *expect* me to have multiple electronic readers?
Hampshire Nanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:30 AM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
i asked this question before, but it got deleted : angry::a ngry:

(and i wrote something long), i am lifeless for trying..

None of your three (3) posts have been deleted.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #15
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
I keep the old device when I get a new one, either as a "just in case" safety blanket or because I've gotten attached to it. I rarely sell gadgets.
Same here. I still have my jetbook lite (AA battery powered), my iRiver HD, and my Archos G9. I sold my Pandigital Novel and my Nook Color to finance the Archos, but otherwise I tend to hang onto devices for some time.

My daughter has confiscated the iRiver for her "free reading" time in school.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote