Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 10:02 AM   #16
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
I pulled it down last nite and was hoping to use it.........but I had issues being able to read my library book.........I authorized my account... and using astro, attempted to copy the book file from my ADE folder to sd card, but when I' go into Aldike to import the book it kept coming back with an error of sometype.......went in circles for a bit.......then decided to go with the stock reader for the nite......,

Maybe it would be better to move the book files with the computer and usb.......???????
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:30 PM   #17
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
B&N DRM supported?

Found this on XDA:

Quote:
So, I just checked out Aldiko again (used it on my Eris and was not impressed; that was an old version though). It is really nice. I got it to own BN drm content. You need to use your name and cc# (the whole number) as the login and password respectively.

Then, you are in.

I think the paid and free are the same but you support the Dev with the paid.

Moon+ has better note taking features (full annotation and export)
But for nook books, Aldiko is amazing.
It's dictionary feature is nice too.

~Leko

Last edited by SCION; 01-19-2011 at 02:36 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2011, 02:58 PM   #18
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
I pulled it down last nite and was hoping to use it.........but I had issues being able to read my library book.........I authorized my account... and using astro, attempted to copy the book file from my ADE folder to sd card, but when I' go into Aldike to import the book it kept coming back with an error of sometype.......went in circles for a bit.......then decided to go with the stock reader for the nite......,

Maybe it would be better to move the book files with the computer and usb.......???????
I tried this as well. You need to copy over the .acsm file instead of the book and use a program like astro to run it, and then it will download the library epub into astro
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #19
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Found this on XDA:
I got it to own BN drm content. You need to use your name and cc# (the whole number) as the login and password respectively.
So you need to log in with your BN info to be able to read BN books, but you need to log in using your ADE account username and password for the library books to work.....is that what they're saying?

I couldn't get the library book to work last nite, but haven't yet tried what is described below......I'll have to try it later when I get home....
Old 01-20-2011, 06:45 AM   #20
nabour
Gaget-lovin' Nana
nabour began at the beginning.

Device: Classic Nook, Nookcolor
So... a question about readers

So, I have B&N purchased books; some Kindle books and some PDF books. Does that mean that I need three separate readers to handle the three separate types of book? (B&N reader; Kindle app, Aldiko app).

And one more question, please, do I also need three separate libraries?

I feel as if there are so many questions, but if I could figure out the library/reader issue then I could get all my books sorted, my desktop managed, and get on to other stuff.

Thanks.
nabour is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2011, 09:30 AM   #21
emt
Nameless Being

Quote:
So you need to log in with your BN info to be able to read BN books, but you need to log in using your ADE account username and password for the library books to work.....is that what they're saying?

I couldn't get the library book to work last nite, but haven't yet tried what is described below......I'll have to try it later when I get home....
Don't see any place to log in with your BN info - only Adobe - where do you enter BN info?
Old 01-20-2011, 09:33 AM   #22
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emt View Post
Don't see any place to log in with your BN info - only Adobe - where do you enter BN info?
I don't have any B&N purchased books so I can't test anything. What happens when you try to open a B&N book within Aldiko? Does it prompt you for anything?
Old 01-20-2011, 09:40 AM   #23
emt
Nameless Being

Quote:
I don't have any B&N purchased books so I can't test anything. What happens when you try to open a B&N book within Aldiko? Does it prompt you for anything?
Says 'this book is protected with DRM" and cannot be opened
Old 01-20-2011, 09:46 AM   #24
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Heh me either. I hope the NC isnt a loss leader and that they at least break even on production i do have a $15 gift card that I am going to use soon tho
Old 01-20-2011, 09:47 AM   #25
volwrath
Guru

Quote:

Did you get the library book to work using what I described with the .acsm file?
Old 01-20-2011, 10:29 AM   #26
The Joker
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
Did you get the library book to work using what I described with the .acsm file?
Nope.......I couldn't find the ascm file, only the epub file, I hooked up my computer and couldn't find any ascm file there either......and I have 2 library books now......
Old 01-20-2011, 11:54 AM   #27
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
I don't have any B&N purchased books so I can't test anything...
If they used Adobe DRM and not their homebrewed version I would buy from them.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #28
jasoraso
Addict
jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasoraso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch, Nook Color (rooted) and Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Welcome to the unhappy state of DRM and multiple ebook formats of today! Because of DRM, and to a lesser extend multiple formats, you need separate readers for the B&N and Kindle books.

If you want to jump through hoops to overcome th DRM, let me just say that Google and Apprentice Alf will be your best friends.

If the ebooks don't have DRM, a reader like Aldiko will work for all 3 formats (.mobi, .epub., and .pdf).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabour View Post
So, I have B&N purchased books; some Kindle books and some PDF books. Does that mean that I need three separate readers to handle the three separate types of book? (B&N reader; Kindle app, Aldiko app).

And one more question, please, do I also need three separate libraries?

I feel as if there are so many questions, but if I could figure out the library/reader issue then I could get all my books sorted, my desktop managed, and get on to other stuff.

Thanks.
jasoraso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:15 PM   #29
jlmwrite
Zealot
jlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy bluejlmwrite can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Samsung Tab S8.4, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoraso View Post
... let me just say that Google and Apprentice Alf will be your best friends.
Alas, Apprentice Alf is hanging up his keyboard. Take a look here:
jlmwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:51 PM   #30
volwrath
Guru

Quote:
Nope.......I couldn't find the ascm file, only the epub file, I hooked up my computer and couldn't find any ascm file there either......and I have 2 library books now......
When you first log into overdrive and check out a book, it doesnt download the book.epub. Instead it downloads a book.acsm file which when clicked on opens adobe digital editions, and the epub is downloaded from there.

Here is a place giving the same directions: http://mobiputing.com/2011/01/aldiko...ajor-overhaul/

Goodluck