Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-01-2012, 01:07 AM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Device/SD Card and Series Sort (Jellybean)

Having a couple issues here with Calibre and my Nook Color with CyanogenMod 10 (Jellybean).

The first is my Device and SD Card are switched. I DO NOT have it booting from my SD Card, it's in the main memory. But device is still the SD Card.

The second is the bigger issue. When copying my books over from Calibre to the Nook Color, the series will just not copy over....period. I don't know if this has something to do with it being an MTP device or not.

Any help on this would be very much appreciated!! I am trying to breathe new life into my device rather than buy a new one.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:32 AM   #2
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I figured part of it out.....just switched where just pressing the "send to device" button would put it, and was able to mess with templates of the device settings to get the series added.

however, they don't get put into author folders, they are just listed by title, which is okay
Old 12-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
however, they don't get put into author folders, they are just listed by title, which is okay
In your Save template under Preferences - Sending books to devices do you have it set to place your books in subfolders? Such as using
Code:
{author_sort}\{author_sort}-{series:||-}{series_index:05.2f||-}{title}
for the template. It should in theory use Author Last name, First name {author_sort} for a folder for every author.

My books are on my Nexus 7 in exactly that format. I use Calibre Companion to transfer my books to my device and avoid MTP, but you should get the same results using a similar template for sending books to your device via MTP.

Or a better place to point you to might be Preferences - Plugins - Device interface plugins - SmartDevice App interface. Put your template in the Save template and make sure the Use sub directories box is checked.

Simply add
Code:
{author_sort}\
in front of your existing Sending books to devices or SmartDevice App interface Save template and you should be good to go.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 12-05-2012 at 03:09 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
jhempel24
Wizard

I'll look into it, but I think it's there and it's still not working.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #5
jhempel24
Wizard

Okay, anyone else know why it takes over 5 minutes to even let me use the device? It simply will just keep scanning whats on the Nook Color...and I can't get it to stop. It's supposed to cache, but I don't think it does
Old 12-03-2012, 05:19 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
Okay, anyone else know why it takes over 5 minutes to even let me use the device?
This is a limit of the new MTP driver. Calibre scans the entire device for books and currently you can't limit this scan.

This is another reason I use calibre companion, this app allows you to choose where to put your books and limit to specific directories or prevent the start up scan completely.

Good luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #7
jhempel24
Wizard

I just bought it....it's awesome!!