Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-03-2013, 06:55 AM   #1
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
Is possible install coolreader in nook glowlight?

Hello.

It´s only I want to know, if is possible root nook glowlight and install coolreader.

Thanks in advanced. Greetings.
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #2
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
You can find pointers/tools for rooting the NST at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2040351 and other NST-related threads at XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1198.

FWIW I am using the Mantano eReader on my rooted NST.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #3
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks!
Old 03-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #4
ersott
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by livramax View Post
You can find pointers/tools for rooting the NST at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2040351 and other NST-related threads at XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1198.

FWIW I am using the Mantano eReader on my rooted NST.
I´m sorry, but i´m talking about nook glowlight.

It works in glowlight?

thanks in advanced.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #5
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post

It works in glowlight?

thanks in advanced.
Some (but not all) rooting methods posted on XDA can be used for the GlowLight. But you should take the time and read the thread about the particular rooting method/tool carefully, and don't hesitate to ask questions when in doubts. Also, if the rooting tool does not include a backup/restore capability, I would strongly recommend that you look for a backup method/tool to backup your Nook's current software & config prior to rooting it.

Last edited by livramax; 03-03-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Advert
Old 03-04-2013, 04:18 AM   #6
ersott
Evangelist

Thanks again livramax, i´ll do it. ;-)
Old 07-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #7
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Thanks again livramax, i´ll do it. ;-)
I rooted NOOK TOUCH GLOW and i installed coolreader.it works fine.

i also installed 48 other ebook readers from google/amazon store while I was at it.

this means i can read any format including txt,rtf,chm,pdf,cbr,mobi.epub,fb....
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #8
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

It works in glowlight?

thanks in advanced.
MANTONO COSTS MONEY.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #9
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vugtitan View Post
MANTONO COSTS MONEY.
And coolreader is better (on a Nook) and free .
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:40 PM   #10
livramax
Addict

Quote:
MANTONO COSTS MONEY.
Mantano, like other eReaders, have free and paid editions.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #11
vugtitan
Addict

Quote:
Mantano, like other eReaders, have free and paid editions.
will not work on nook as it is android 2.2.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #12
livramax
Addict

Quote:
will not work on nook as it is android 2.2.
I have the Mantano Free (an old version of Mantano Lite) on my Nook ST.

Last edited by livramax; 07-19-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #13
vugtitan
Addict

Quote:
I have the Mantano Free (an old version of Mantano Lite) on my Nook ST.
oh really?

i just get the incompatible message.

where do you get it from?
Old 07-20-2013, 10:14 PM   #14
livramax
Addict

Quote:
oh really?

i just get the incompatible message.

where do you get it from?
From Android Market over 18 months ago. I think it's now a discontinued and unsupported edition (I haven't got prompted for updates for a long time). It works well but not as good as the current Lite edition.