Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-2014, 06:54 PM   #1366
Divion
Enthusiast
Divion began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 2
I want to install custom font for Myanmar ttf. Is it possible?

Dk-system/xkindle/res/userfont....

I cant read Myanmar epub. I dont want to make font hack in kindle mode. So, i just want to install our font in duokan.
Divion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:20 AM   #1367
andy1m
Enthusiast
andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: K4NT, PaperWhite
I have been using Duokan on my Kindle NT. It works very well.

Today I got a Paperwhite 1, but I'm not sure to install Duokan or KOreader.

Any suggestions please...
andy1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2014, 12:27 PM   #1368
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1m View Post
I have been using Duokan on my Kindle NT. It works very well.

Today I got a Paperwhite 1, but I'm not sure to install Duokan or KOreader.

Any suggestions please...
Duokan is not a Mobileread project, and it is closed source.

KOreader is a Mobileread project, and it is open source.

Other than the factory firmware, this forum discourages the use of closed source software.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:27 PM   #1369
andy1m
Enthusiast
andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'andy1m knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Duokan is not a Mobileread project, and it is closed source.

KOreader is a Mobileread project, and it is open source.

Other than the factory firmware, this forum discourages the use of closed source software.
Thks for the answer.

I guess I have to try them myself.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:19 PM   #1370
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
how do you install fonts? I stuck some TTF fonts in ...res/fonts or what ever, but they don't show.
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2014, 03:16 AM   #1371
andy1m
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
how do you install fonts? I stuck some TTF fonts in ...res/fonts or what ever, but they don't show.
Simply put TTF fonts in folder:

DK_System/xKindle/res/userfonts/

And I think pdf can't change the font. But epub can.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:45 PM   #1372
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ok I did that, and they were all TTF fonts that worked on my PC but not duokan, I was using .mobi files, do they work in them? Thank you for your help
Old 04-14-2014, 11:52 PM   #1373
andy1m
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
ok I did that, and they were all TTF fonts that worked on my PC but not duokan, I was using .mobi files, do they work in them? Thank you for your help
I just tried one .mobi file and IT WORKS!

Note that: I installed Duokan (version R5.11)in my Paperwhite.

==

My K4 Non Touch with older Duokan also working fine with TTF fonts for epub & mobi files.

Last edited by andy1m; 04-15-2014 at 12:05 AM.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:45 PM   #1374
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

hmm, I'll have to try again. Thanks for the help
Old 04-30-2014, 05:43 AM   #1375
smithintaiwan
smithintaiwan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW with duokan
Duokan dictionaries

Does anyone know how to change the order of the dictionaries as they appear in Duokan? They don't seem to appear in the order of the files and I'd like to specify a certain dictionary to appear first.
I'm using the latest version of Duokan on a Kindle PW.
Thanks!
smithintaiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:02 PM   #1376
andy1m
Enthusiast

Sorry double post...
Old 04-30-2014, 01:03 PM   #1377
andy1m
Enthusiast

Reading statistics

Been using Duokan on my PW for few weeks now. It works great!

My Kindle NT is using an older version of Duokan because it has reading statistics.

The latest Duokan on my paperwhite also has reading statistics but it doesn't work. How to make it works? Do I have to register with Doukan's web?
Old 05-28-2014, 02:51 PM   #1378
bubblepop
bubblepop began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, koboglo
Can someone confirm that dictionary lookup works on the Paperwhite in Korean to English?
bubblepop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 01:25 AM   #1379
smithintaiwan
smithintaiwan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW with duokan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblepop View Post
Can someone confirm that dictionary lookup works on the Paperwhite in Korean to English?
Hi bubblepop. I'm using the latest Duokan on a first generation Paperwhite. Highlighting words in Korean pdfs opens them in the dictionary field, but I don't have a Korean dictionary installed. I couldn't find one online. Can you please include a link or PM me if you know of a dictionary file. (Preferably Korean - English).
As the Korean terms correctly open in the dictionary viewer, I would be surprised if the dictionary didn't function on a Paperwhite with a Korean-English dictionary installed.
smithintaiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:27 AM   #1380
xflyboy
xflyboy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Tried to run latest Duokan KT and KP(xTouch_2014-04-25.35147.rtm).zip on Kindle PW2 5.4.3.2 without any problems.
xflyboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf