Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-29-2010, 06:57 AM   #61
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
Check the time on the iPod Touch.
in other words you wake up when you wake up ... how nice
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:04 AM   #62
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wongdong View Post
Everyone is talking about "hitting the snooze". Can someone tell me how to do that on my daughters (2 and 4). I didn't set an alarm for almost 5 years now. 5:30 is early enough.

Except that its pretty much a permutation of things that were mentioned here
i solved *that* problem by letting them come in the big bed when and as much as they please or fancy. Then we all imagine to be a stone age family in a cavern huddling under bear skins.
Advert
Old 09-29-2010, 07:06 AM   #63
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
in other words you wake up when you wake up ... how nice
Well... I have the leisure at the moment to be able to do so, but I also sometimes wake up too early. It's nice to know if it's 2.30 am or 6.30 am before I attempt to wake myself fully or try to go back to sleep.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:41 PM   #64
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by wongdong View Post
Everyone is talking about "hitting the snooze". Can someone tell me how to do that on my daughters (2 and 4). I didn't set an alarm for almost 5 years now. 5:30 is early enough.

Except that its pretty much a permutation of things that were mentioned here
Weeeeeeellllllll...

If you hit your daughters, sooner or later some nosy neighbor will turn you in and the government will take the little monsters away and let you have a good night's sleep.

And, yes, please understand - I'm just playin'
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:15 AM   #65
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
This morning...

Wake up, somehow manage to turn all alarms off instead of snoozing the usual ones, go back to sleep, dream I'm at work, and wake up with just under 40 minutes in which to get ready and get to work (the commute takes about an hour...). Panic. Try to sort out mentally what was dream and what actually happened yesterday (some of it was obvious once awake, others less so...)
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2010, 09:31 AM   #66
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
.... dream I'm at work...
Unless you were performing unspeakable acts of revenge upon lusers or sub-optimal co-workers, I think you'll find the term is "nightmare".

Especially if it implied you had to get up and go to work twice.

This morning, spent about a minute trying to work out why my unlockable bedroom door was locked before realising I'm travelling, in a hotel room, and trying to use the interconnecting door, which is in the same position relative to the bed as my bedroom door.....
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:37 AM   #67
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I've had a nightmare or two in recent weeks about work ..... :shudders:
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:50 AM   #68
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Unless you were performing unspeakable acts of revenge upon lusers or sub-optimal co-workers, I think you'll find the term is "nightmare".

Especially if it implied you had to get up and go to work twice.
It did involve demolishing parts of the building, setting fire to things and the like, so it wasn't entirely a nightmare.

Quote:
This morning, spent about a minute trying to work out why my unlockable bedroom door was locked before realising I'm travelling, in a hotel room, and trying to use the interconnecting door, which is in the same position relative to the bed as my bedroom door.....
It could have been interesting if the interconnecting door had been unlocked...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:25 PM   #69
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
It did involve demolishing parts of the building, setting fire to things and the like, so it wasn't entirely a nightmare.

unlocked...

For those that have a problem shutting off the alarm and going back to sleep >
CLOCKY Moving Alarm Clock
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:33 PM   #70
jes1
Zealot
jes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enough

Device: Astak EZReader, Dell Axim x50v, iPod Touch, nook
1.Let the dog out.
2.Bathroom.
3.Make coffee.
4.Let the dog back in. (She can't stay out alone for more than 5 minutes or she might
miss something important.)
5.Read or surf the internet a few minutes.
6.Let the dog back out because she might just miss something important outside.
7.Repeat steps 4 through 6 until time to go to work or time to go to bed.
jes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:49 PM   #71
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
If it's a day when I have to get up early, getting up involves hitting the snooze button several times on two alarm clocks, then sitting on the edge of the bed trying to figure out why I'm awake.

On other days I don't get up until the afternoon. ;->
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:14 PM   #72
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
I didn't think that my wife was on MR.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:35 PM   #73
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Is it bladder wakey or cat wakey?

On bladder wakey day. Get up go to loo, go back to bed and wait for cuppa tea to be delivered. Flushing seems to stimulate the tea maker.

On cat wakey day. Look to see if daylight, listen to hear if birds are awake.
If so let cat out. If not shout at cat to shut up. repeat as necessary.

When finally out of bed, go to office and turn on computers on way to kitchen.
Sit at computers all day in pyjamas.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 02:32 PM   #74
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Is it bladder wakey or cat wakey?

On bladder wakey day. Get up go to loo, go back to bed and wait for cuppa tea to be delivered. Flushing seems to stimulate the tea maker.

On cat wakey day. Look to see if daylight, listen to hear if birds are awake.
If so let cat out. If not shout at cat to shut up. repeat as necessary.

When finally out of bed, go to office and turn on computers on way to kitchen.
Sit at computers all day in pyjamas.
Once I bought a second hand car from the future wife of a younger collegue, a smashing Aussie blonde, but so beautiful and sexy that even now thinking of her gives me a dreaming look. BTW few days after coming home from the honey moon she filed for divorce.

Other colleagues were very interested in trying the car, which I flatly refused. Only me, where that perfect bottom used to sit and wiggle itself to get out of the car.

P:S both Aussie. I have to go there, there is this thread by DGM that shows how.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #75
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post
I didn't think that my wife was on MR.
lol
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote