Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-18-2013, 12:43 AM   #1
kerliza
kerliza began at the beginning.

Device: none
css to exclude text from index

Hello,

I would like to use the index feature of Sigil only with the text body and exclude the endnotes and bibliography from being indexed. Can someone help me with the css or regex code to exclude endnotes in the index generator? I understand I can individually select text for index inclusion which is what most of my index has become because I can't exclude the endnotes otherwise. Is there a simpler solution?
kerliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 04:18 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
How would Sigil know what is a endnote and what is a normal link? I think your best bet is putting the endnotes in a seperate xhtml and remove the links in the generated index to that xhtml file.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2013, 09:17 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
When was the Xtal ball added
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #4
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
It is part of the "holy grail" version of Sigil that everyone is so eager to find.

Xtal??? Your electronics is showing!
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
It is part of the "holy grail" version of Sigil that everyone is so eager to find.

Xtal??? Your electronics is showing!
I live almost (5 min bike ride) next door to HP
You live somewhere near Tektronix
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #6
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Tek is bit far away here, about 175 miles! I am 3 miles from the ocean in the city at the north end of the Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area, Florence. I do repair work for an outfit that was a spinoff from Tek, though.

It might be possible to remove endnotes from the index using search and replace, since they are usually formatted in a stylized manner.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #7
kerliza
kerliza began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
How would Sigil know what is a endnote and what is a normal link? I think your best bet is putting the endnotes in a seperate xhtml and remove the links in the generated index to that xhtml file.
Because I have many endnotes per chapter x 14 the separation would require multiple code reentries for linking back and forth. I used your program to convert to html from Word and the hyperlinks were nicely in place.

I would rather separate the indexer from seeing the endnotes but I don't know how to override the indexer's built-in generator. I am using some styles per endnote section as <div class="notes"> and was hopeful I could add css to have this class ignored in the index generator. The index is a work in progress presently and I've hand-done most of it just to get the index to no longer make reference to anything in the endnotes. I've yet to add the bibliography which might also have words the index generator will include, which I don't want.

Because I keep adding words to the index right now I can't separate the endnotes with the hyperlinks in place without a mountain of testing and rewriting new links for over 200 entries to endnotes and pass flight crew.

I am not experienced enough with regex to automate task creation of new hyperlinks outside the chapter text body.

Last edited by kerliza; 11-18-2013 at 12:10 PM.
kerliza is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
index editor, index generator, indexing