Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-09-2011, 07:34 AM   #31
dogsballs
Zealot
dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony psr-505
odeazy. someone has came up with some sort of method using pc link i think but as far as i understand it no firmware fix has been developed yet
dogsballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #32
odeazy
odeazy began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung E65
Thumbs up

yea I guessed as much! Since its WIFI only and not 3G I'd imagine I'll just download from the computer.. Thanks for the reply though!
odeazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2011, 05:32 PM   #33
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:28 AM   #34
odeazy
odeazy began at the beginning.

Thanks!..
odeazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:54 AM   #35
apk5
apk5 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung E-60
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgreig View Post
Aaaaand I was too late. You're quite right, dogs. Checked the PC World and Curry's sites, and unlike this morning the E65 shows as unavailable. So - might the E60 worth a go? Annotations are the key for me...

If I do get one, I'll let you know how I get on.
you can annotate PDF files when in plain view (A4, up and down the length of the screen), but not when rotated sideways or zoomed in. Personally i find PDF's almost unreadable unless i rotate them 90' so this isn't much use. it is possible to read PDF's in plain view but i doubt it's any good for the eyes as the type is tiny in your average document

apart from that i have no complaints (except for the lack of support from samsung of course), annotation isn't a problem at all in EPUB or txt files.

Often i convert PDF's to EPUB format so i can view them easier on the E60, however i find that images often don't come out properly. One particular file, a technical textbook, carried over the photos fine (which aren't of any use) but didn't carry over any of the technical illustrations. I did hear an explanation for this, but it was way over my head and i forgot it.

anyway, yeah, perfectly good device, but you might want to buy something that hasn't been apparently abandoned by it's manufacturer, like a Sony. I'm told they're lovely and also have annotation support as well.
apk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2011, 11:10 AM   #36
CloverHillReview
CloverHillReview began at the beginning.

well...just a quick word of warning really. My E65 froze on me, completely locking up whilst I was reading. I hadn't used any other functions, it wouldn't turn off, nor go into power safe mode, so I gave up and trotted off to Curry's in the hope that I would get a refund. It was purchased on the 15th Dec and just outside of the 28 day period.

I've now got a giftcard with credit on, no ereader, and no hope of getting an ereader anywhere near the specs I did have from Currys. Normally I would have waited it out and tried to use the pc usb lead to see if that kick started it, but alas I needed an ereader for a journey next week, so thought taking it in was my best option. Moral of the story - don't expect a cash refund, even if the item is faulty and was paid with in cash. Neither PC World or Currys have anything similar that does what the E65 offered within the same price range.
CloverHillReview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:38 AM   #37
trish123
trish123 began at the beginning.

Device: samsung65
Hi all cant get by the home page .Everytime i put it on it shows the abode manual but i cant move it.Tell me do i need to use the stylus ?Sounds stupid i know but my mother has lost the stylus and i cant seem to do anything so was just wondering if the stylus is needed to work it
trish123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:29 PM   #38
dogsballs
Zealot
dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dogsballs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony psr-505
hit the home button you should be able to navigate to all pages using buttons
dogsballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:23 AM   #39
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Hello giltbrook and welcome to MobileRead.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:25 AM   #40
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
trish

and welcome to Mobileread ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:38 AM   #41
Dizzydolly
Dizzydolly began at the beginning.

Device: E65
Hi All
Need some help, when I try to pay for books it won't recognise credit/debit card option only the cancel option. Wifi is connected.

Thanks
Dizzydolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:46 PM   #42
karmaQueen
karmaQueen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Red face KarmaQueen

Hey, all! I am new to ebook readers---I have a Kobo and have downloaded caliber. However, I can not get he books that I have downloaded fro a reading site to load! Any suggestions? Thanks so much!
KarmaQueen
karmaQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:42 AM   #43
KJH
KJH began at the beginning.

Hi is there anybody about? I'm desperate,as usual.

I have lost the stylus to the e65, does anyone know where you can get a replacement? I've googled etc but have not found anything.

Many thanks,

Kaz
KJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:52 AM   #44
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmaQueen View Post
Hey, all! I am new to ebook readers---I have a Kobo and have downloaded caliber. However, I can not get he books that I have downloaded fro a reading site to load! Any suggestions? Thanks so much!
KarmaQueen

Welcome to Mobileread ....

Have you had a look in the Kobo Forum for the latest in tricks and tips ... ... also, perhaps Calibre Forum ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote