Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-12-2019, 01:39 PM   #1
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Does a Kobo work seamlessly with ebooks borrowed from CloudLibrary.com?

My Forma syncs seamlessly with ebooks from libaries on the overdrive.com system.
Can Kobo readers sync just as seamlessly with libary ebooks borrowed from cloudlibrary.com?

I'm a member of some libraries that are on both CloudLibrary and Overdrive. If my Kobo/Calibre won't work well with CloudLibrary, I guess I can stick with Overdrive.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 09:04 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The library integration is only with OverDrive.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2019, 04:14 PM   #3
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, David.
If I use one of the alternative readers (e.g. koreader, plato), will it help?
Old 10-14-2019, 12:05 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Honestly, I have no idea. I have no idea how CloudLibrary works. As you are a member of them, you should be able to see what they support, and how the books are encrypted.

But, it is very unlikely. An open source project is unlikely to have the ability to add the support for any type of DRM. Unless there is an open source DRM out there that is actually being used.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:44 PM   #5
brianca
Enthusiast
brianca can differentiate black from dark navy bluebrianca can differentiate black from dark navy bluebrianca can differentiate black from dark navy bluebrianca can differentiate black from dark navy bluebrianca can differentiate black from dark navy bluebrianca can differentiate black from dark navy bluebrianca can differentiate black from dark navy bluebrianca can differentiate black from dark navy bluebrianca can differentiate black from dark navy bluebrianca can differentiate black from dark navy bluebrianca can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
My Forma syncs seamlessly with ebooks from libaries on the overdrive.com system.
Can Kobo readers sync just as seamlessly with libary ebooks borrowed from cloudlibrary.com?

I'm a member of some libraries that are on both CloudLibrary and Overdrive. If my Kobo/Calibre won't work well with CloudLibrary, I guess I can stick with Overdrive.
I use Cloud Library on my Aura. It doesn’t work wirelessly like I understand the new OD integration does, but it transfers easily from the CL app on my Mac. It’s simple - easier than Overdrive w ADE which I find frustrating. (I think it uses Adobe for DRM but you don’t have to transfer the books through ADE.)
brianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2019, 07:56 PM   #6
droopy
Guru

Brianca , how do you do the transfer?
Old 10-14-2019, 08:20 PM   #7
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
https://www.nvcl.ca/read-watch-liste.../cloud-library

Googling "cloudlibrary transfer to ereader" turned up some similar results.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 12:05 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post

That is interesting. Either they are using Adobe DRM and are doing the device authorisation from the CloudLibrary application, or they are not using any DRM.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:42 AM   #9
brianca
Enthusiast
brianca can differentiate black from dark navy bluebrianca can differentiate black from dark navy bluebrianca can differentiate black from dark navy bluebrianca can differentiate black from dark navy bluebrianca can differentiate black from dark navy bluebrianca can differentiate black from dark navy bluebrianca can differentiate black from dark navy bluebrianca can differentiate black from dark navy bluebrianca can differentiate black from dark navy bluebrianca can differentiate black from dark navy bluebrianca can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
Brianca , how do you do the transfer?
It's super easy. If the Kobo is connected by USB, book cover images under the "My Books" tab in the Cloud Library application on my Mac will show a "Transfer to Device" button for everything I have checked out. Clicking that transfers the EPUB file to the reader.
brianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 02:35 PM   #10
droopy
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post

thanks for your comment. Unfortunately, it appears I need to use a Windows or Mac to make the transfer. On my Linux, I can read a cloudlibrary book I've checked out, but I can't transfer to my Kobo.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:45 PM   #11
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That is interesting. Either they are using Adobe DRM and are doing the device authorisation from the CloudLibrary application, or they are not using any DRM.
I believe they are using Adobe DRM (in some cases). They ask for your Adobe credentials. I've had problems with both ADE and cloud library being on the same computer.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote