Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-06-2012, 03:56 AM   #1
d.culloch
Derek
d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.

Device: touch
Kobo application on bb playbook

Not sure where this thread sits.

Recently I have been setting up my playbook as a reader and downloaded my kobo library to it. I had problems with one kobo book which kept downloading as a preview version even though I had the bought version in my library.

I emailed kobo and was told next day that the book in question is a DRM free epub which is not compatible with the BlackBerry tablet but can be read on Ipads, Android devices and the kobo desktop application.

I don't understand the answer as I can download the DRM free version of the book from my library and open it with book reader another reader developed for the blackberry but cannot download the DRM free epub version using the kobo application for the playbook.

I wanted the kobo version of the book so I could read it over multiple devices, looks as if kobo cannot live up to this with certain books and devices.

I feel this is another example of poor support by kobo.
d.culloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #2
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
What is the name of the book and it's author?
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #3
d.culloch
Derek
d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.d.culloch invented the internet.

Device: touch
The book is into Narsindale by Roger Taylor. I have since discovered that all his books in my library are behaving as previews not as bought books. I am speaking to kobo just now and they claim that the books are DRM free epubs and are not compatible and that is why I am being asked to purchase again. As far as I understand I downloaded the Kpub versions that allow you to sync over multiple devices. I do not understand If they are not compatible with the playbook then why can I read the chapters I have.
d.culloch is offline   Reply With Quote